Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Tundra Brothers ... I've decided to extend my ownership (10 years now) and keep my '08 Dbl. SR5 Longbox. She is a bad-a$$ truck with only 123K.

That being the case, it's time for the stock non-JBL head unit to go. I've purchased a Dasaita 10.2 Android 9 MAX6 unit. It's plug and play except for cameras.

Here's the issue. The FRONT camera I'm looking at (see below) comes with the mount and a harness with camera connection, and a harness with the RCA In jack and a power (red bare end) and ground wire (black bare end).

The provided harness from the head unit for the FRONT camera is labeled #7 (FCAM IN) and FCAM power being the yellow wire #10.

Is this as simple as connecting the power wired together (red from cam to yellow from unit harness) and connecting the camera male RCA to female yellow RCA from the head (#7)??? (Oh, yea, there will be a black wire from the camera harness that I'm assuming is a ground.) Since the head unit already supplies the harness and connectors for the FRONT camera, I'm assuming the unit software will turn it on and off from the user interface. Does this sound right?

Most of these installs include a rear camera which requires a switch to choose between cameras, a relay, an a reversing sensor wiring. I need none of this as I already have a backup cam.

See pics below.

Through the firewall etc, there's a grommet on the passenger side I like and will likely use ...

Thoughts and experience?

Thanks Tundra nation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No front camera installs? Really?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts