Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a glossy dash kit for my 2010 Tundra? I've been looking around and I can't find any glossy dash kits. I want to buy the Sony XAV-60 in dash screen, but I want to find a dash kit first to make sure everything will fit. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
what kind of "glossy dash kit" are you looking for? a whole dash kit or just the stereo part to fit the new stereo? if the latter, u arent going to find anything in the 2010 color just yet, only the piano black 07-09 is made, no one has made the metallic lookin stuff.

if its a carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, wood trim type of dash kit, tons are on ebay. some are better than others, some are just sticker looking things and some like mine are molded fake carbon fiber that completely covers it all.....

elaborate on this "glossy dash kit" and we can try to help

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
2007-2010 TOYOTA TUNDRA WOOD DASH KIT / WOOD TRIM : eBay Motors (item 370410277430 end time Jul-26-10 18:58:35 PDT)

This is the kit I bought and it worked out well and it comes with both radio layouts, one for the standard radio and one for the full Navigation type radio. They have the most pieces available and it is a very good quality kit. It took me a few hours to get all of the parts on. Mostly it is the prepartion in cleaning all of the panels before applying the over lay. Be ready though, when you wipe your dash area with alcohol the paint comes off. I really liked the way it came out and the backing on the overlay is solid 3M. Good quality.
They have several different woodgrain patterns available as well as one polished aluminum type. Hope this helps. For the price it is by far the best one that i could find.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
This is a shot i took at night when i had finished. It looks like it has more red in it, but is not. i guess with the flash and it being night out, but I like the way it came out. It even has the rings to go around each gauge clustter that you can see in the picture. I think it had like 44 pieces. I had a couple left over as it is made to cover both the double cab and the crew max.
Good luck with your project. I liked the idea when I noticed a scratch on the paint on the console so this eliminates that from happening.
Cheers

In the picture you will see that the piece around my radio is not there. I screwed up when laying it in place and when i tried to move it I ended up tearing it. It was not the kits fault. My screw up and I was really pulling hard when she tore. They sent me a replacement piece for free with no shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want the radio part of the dash kit for a screen I want to but. I have a piano finish right now with some goldish diamonds in the paint. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hmm...the flat stickers done do much for me...maybe if they were molded to cover the sides and edges of all the panels like my CF kit is...but then again u have ALOT more pieces than my kit, so maybe thats what's overdoing it for me...i dunno...

but i think im just really kinda iffy on the pieces over by the glove box and the little pieces here and there that dont seem to flow with anything...just stuck on there....oh well...bottom line AT LEAST ITS NOT STOCK hahaha :)

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Can you take a close-up of the cut-outs for the HVAC labels?
ThirdHorseman,,, which kit were you wanting to see the cut outs of? I did not know if you were talking to me or the other guy...

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Where the kit is cut to show the writing and blue/red areas on the HVAC unit!

i wonder if they could do a factory match of the faux wood. It's matte, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
have u tried crutchfield.com they're usually very helpful-sometimes pricey but well worth it for the lifetime tech support

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I will try and get you a picture tomorrow of mine where you can see the wording and the colors in the cut outs on the dials..

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
2007-2010 TOYOTA TUNDRA WOOD DASH KIT / WOOD TRIM : eBay Motors (item 370410277430 end time Jul-26-10 18:58:35 PDT)

This is the kit I bought and it worked out well and it comes with both radio layouts, one for the standard radio and one for the full Navigation type radio. They have the most pieces available and it is a very good quality kit. It took me a few hours to get all of the parts on. Mostly it is the prepartion in cleaning all of the panels before applying the over lay. Be ready though, when you wipe your dash area with alcohol the paint comes off. I really liked the way it came out and the backing on the overlay is solid 3M. Good quality.
They have several different woodgrain patterns available as well as one polished aluminum type. Hope this helps. For the price it is by far the best one that i could find.
I really like this kit but ^^ that bothers me. The kit really is permanent! I like the idea of the marble one or whatever they called it. That's kind of what my sequoia had, like a stone finish rather than wood.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I really like this kit but ^^ that bothers me. The kit really is permanent! I like the idea of the marble one or whatever they called it. That's kind of what my sequoia had, like a stone finish rather than wood.
Then just don't stick it to the painted dash. Seems like everywhere else would be okay.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Then just don't stick it to the painted dash. Seems like everywhere else would be okay.
i agree...the silver stuff on mine is all i covered and it came with a "prep wipe" that did nothing to the surface but clean it, no removal of paint or anything. now, if i had wiped the "doo doo brown" portion of the dash with it, im sure it would have screwed it up...

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
ThirdHorseman.. here are shots. Sorry they were at night again. Shots from different angles and what is covered. There are other items that are covered like on the door and other parts of the dash like on the left side of sterring wheel, but this shows what you asked for around the hvac guages. Hope this helps.. Some like it, some don't. Just depends on your taste. You get flamed either way.. Kind of like the gas mileage post.. You are either getting to good of mileage or you don't get good mileage. .. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Thanks, that is VERY helpful! The cut-outs actually aren't too bad at ALL.

My only concern is that with the auto HVAC, I will end up with a little "stalk" of wood on the right side that will not flow up into the piano black Scosche radio kit. Unless I could modify the navigation wood piece to just have a little border around the outside of the Scosche kit...hmmm.

I already tried to find a company that will match the factory faux wood, but no dice. This has been such a frustrating experience!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts