Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last week we had a huge thunderstorm, and had lightning strike the house. 2011 Sequoia was parked in the street out front. Next day, truck has some lights on the dash: trac, brake both slid lit, and VSC flashing. Started and ran fine. Tried to use cruise, and that gave an error as well. Used a code reader to try to figure it out, and no fault codes are stored.

No idea how to progress. Any particular stuff that links those lights, and doesnt set off the check engine or any codes?

Thanks in advance...cant deal with a broken truck on top of a house full of fried tvs and appliance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lightening strike nearby might have fried something... Just a guess???
Try a "hard re-boot". Disconnect both battery cables, place a jumper wire between bot of the removed cable ends to drain any residual power in the circuit. Let it sit that way for at least ten minutes. Re-connect battery and start it up. Remember you are going to loose radio pre-sets, bluetooth connections and possibly some nave info if so equipped.
Of course if something "fried" this won't help much...Worth a try... Chap

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chap. I was just thrown by the lack of CEL and fault codes. I will try the hard reset this morning, and see what happens. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly, no change. Clamped cables together and let it sit half an hour. Greeted with the same three lights on start-up.

The lack of CEL and codes has me thinking this will not be an easy fix.

Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully someone else has dealt with something similar.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
You said you used a code reader but what kind? I have heard that some cheaper ones dont read all codes. Did you use an actual tech stream? Just seems odd your dash is lit up but there's no codes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As "cheapskate" said..."seems odd, no codes". Have you taken it to Auto Zone, O'Reilys or Napa that will scan for codes for free? I would do everything possible before I would go to a dealer. Please keep us posted I am sure others have or are dealing with the same issue. Chap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sadly, no change. Clamped cables together and let it sit half an hour. Greeted with the same three lights on start-up.

The lack of CEL and codes has me thinking this will not be an easy fix.

Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully someone else has dealt with something similar.
Check the dashboard to see if the battery leaning towards the minus or plus. This might sound like your alternator is undercharged or overcharged.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Look for blown fuses - both at the kickplate and under the hood. I don't recall the location, but the one that powers the reverse lights was also tied to the trailer wiring harness - and if it blows, it also makes those lights start to blink. Granted, when it happened to me, I think there was a CEL, but I'm not sure. In any case, checking for blown fuses is cheap (free). Get one of those testers you can just touch to the fuse to verify they're intact.

Good luck, and whatever you determine, please remember to come back here to post your findings...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ita been a while, but i finally got a new code reader hooked to the sequoia and it read a code for ABS Control Unit #2. It didn't give an actual code, just gave that description. It gave the option to clear it, so i tried. Well, it doesn't read the code any more, but the dash is still flashing away. I searched ABS control Unit #2 and came up blank.
Any insight is greatly appreciated...can't stand leaving the big tree parked in the driveway every day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts