Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I own a 2005 double cab 4X4 Tundra. It has an annoying dash vibration on the drivers side dash above the console, below the windshield. It happens when braking at an intersection or backing up when applying the brakes. It does not happen all the time though but when it does its very annoying. It can also start when braking and starting the A/C. I've tried taking off the clear plastic cover that covers the speedometer by removing the two screws right under the dash console and the dash cover under the steering console to see if I could get up underneath the dash to no avail. Anyone have any ideas or instructions on how to get underneath the drivers side dash as close the windshield that I can get. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm familliar with the noise you are complaining about. It sounds like an angry bumble bee is trapped behind the instrument cluster. The noise only occurs during low idle conditions when the engine incurs a transient load. I'm going to tear into the dash and see if i can find the source of the noise when i have some free time. My hope is that a TSB on this problem has been released and will point to a fix. I would really like to have to disassemble the dash only once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, good analogy with the bee. Let me know if you hear of anything or find a fix. I'll do the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts