Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the good ol' days when dashes were covered in vinyl. Slap a little 'Armor All' on and everything shined. I noticed, through a few paint chips, that my 03 HL dash has a low sheen paint covering it instead of a vinyl covering. So far I have just dusted it off for fear of putting something on it that will effect the paint. Any thoughts from anyone on how to keep it looking new? Will the UV from the Sun effect it over time?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use Dupont Teflon Protectorant. I apply it once a year and lasts! It will darken the vyni a shade though, but it works great! Great against the sun! Does not attract dust.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A buddy of mine who is a kayaker turned me onto Aerospace Protectant 303. It's made for composite materials, protects from UV and leaves the surface not oily at all, but looking deeper and new in color.

I use it all over the interior of our vehicles. I used to use it on the plain dark gray bumpers of our 02 Forester L. I can't recommend it enough. Here in NJ, I get it at EMS, a Sporting goods / Outdoor store. Maybe try Dick's up by the Arena. ( yeah I know W-B, I grew up there, went to Kings, wife to Wilkes and visit regularly )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts