Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota has a TSB on the dash creak problem. It looks like lots of Tundras have this problem so I attached the post in a PDF file.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
This fix does cure the creak. Just beware to check your truck carefully when you get it back. Had mine fixed over the winter. During my spring detail, I noticed both corners of my hood by the A pillar were slighly dented and touched up. Several months have passed, and Toyota will not accept responsibilty. I think its very obvious the service tech did this when he removed my hood. I've never removed it and there is no other conceivable way for this to happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well thats good info but what if your 3/36 is up? I have never got anything in the mail nor was notified any other way with any of the TSB's so how am I supposed to know, if I did know I would have brought the truck in before my warranty went up.:confused:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I would still push for a fix, they should do it. The TSB when I had mine fixed was specific toward Sequoia 's. I stayed on top of the service dept and they finally conceeded the problem was with double cabs also.
Apparently since then it's been updated to include Tundra's. I believe it's one of those fixes they'll do only if you complain. Not published.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
All this fix is is punching a dimple 8mm from the hinge mounting hole then painting it? :confused: I could probably do that myself.

(I'll probably mess up aligning the hood and have to bring it to the dealer to get fixed anyway:clown: )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 04 access cab, and it does creak over rougher roads. But I can also grab the front of the dash with my hand, and pulling up and down make it creak. For those of you that fixed it, does this sound like the same issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
UnSub. Thank for posting the tsb on the creaking dashboard. I just took my 2006 Tundra in for the dashboard creak and without the tsb# I dont think they would have done anything about it. The dealership completed the tsb and my problem was solved. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting fix, but can someone explain why dimpling the sheet metal in the appropriate location appears to silence the dash creak?

It seems others have shoved foam pieces in various locations to silence the dash..

The weather is turning colder here , so I need to perform one of these alternatives. It seems the foam fix is the easier choice, but I don't know how long it will last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts