Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Dashboard dye coming off?

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  DiscoShorts 
#1 ·
I cleaned my dashboard earlier with some Vinylex and a clean white rag. It didn't take long for me to notice that the white rag was turning purple. I think it must be the dye from the black dashboard rubbing off. I've never seen this in a vehicle before. Anyone else experienced this? I've used Vinylex for years and never had any problem with it before. I don't want my dashboard to end up purple so I'm not going to clean it anymore.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I'm sure it wasn't grime yeah. I've had the truck less than a week not to mention grime doesn't typically turn a white rag purple.

I'm not sure which products are superior. Vinylex is widely considered to be safer than other products such as Armor All because it is a water based product as opposed to oil based which causes plastics to dry out and crack. What suggestions do you have?

I have a feeling other folks are going to experience the purple color coming off soon too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.