Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love everything about my 08 Tundra except for one glaring problem. The orange color for all of the dashboard lights is not what I would have picked if I had a choice.

Do these get their color directly from a bulb or is there a white light passing through an orange medium? If its an orange light it will be blue in short order (to match the blue LEDs going going into the dome light).

My A6 has the classic red dash lighting paired with red LED dome lights and the effect is absolutely awesome. That car is closing in on 10K in mods yet people come up to me and ask about the 35$ LEDs more than any other mod. I want to achieve something similar with this truck.

When you factor in dramatic visual change, cheap, easy to install and easy to reverse (if you hate it) this just may be the one mod that everyone should take a crack at.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Upgrade to the Optitron gauges.
Good Luck with finding one thou. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My A6 will be back from the shop this week (having 2010 LED DRL headlights, S6 bumper, grill and lower DRLs installed) so I can take my time to do this dash LED project slow and perfect.......Debating doing it myself or having my guy do this. Prior to my current gig I did IT for years so soldering small crap is not a problem, its more of a free time thing.

Ill figure this out once I get the other big mods done.

I have some good guides either way now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts