Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play iPod adaptor installed in my 2004 Tacoma 4X4. The Drive + Play is not all it was cracked up to be but I'll save that for another thread. Anyway, I get my truck back and am now noticing some lights out in the dash. Any and all info on how to install and what to buy would be appreciated.

The light behind the air vent control; the ashtray light.

Also, my front running light (beside the headlight) is out. It should come out with the removal of one screw, however I am having some difficulties. Any pointers on getting this out without breaking and having to buy a whole new fixture?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
You had some place do this installation for you? If the lights were working before, and now they aren't, take it back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did. They said that the bulbs were burnt out and that they don't sell the replacements. What else am I gonna do?

Regardless, I really don't even know how to get to these bulbs...

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Go to Toyota and make them front the bill. If the lights worked before and now they don't, it's something on their end. Are they sure they reconnected everything?

·
Registered
206 Posts
that corner light is a pita to pull out, at least they were on mine. i just kept tugging on it,

speaking of burned out lights, i had 2 on the cluster to blow at the same time. the D indicator and the check engine light, of cource i call the dealer, tell him what i need, and still ordered 2 of the same bulb, o well i just shifted the L w/ D dont use L ne ways

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
You really think Toyota is going to front any bill...not around here.
No take it to Toyota and bill the place that messed with your truck. If your lights worked before you went in and now they don't work at all, something isn't right.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are two kinds of lights in the center console, the big ones are size 192 and the small are either 74 or 76. Better check these sizes to be sure, to get to them there is a screw behind each of the twist knobs, just pull the knobs off and unscrew the screws. Then there are two more screws behind the top vents, push the vents until they are pointing directly up and then you should see the screws, use a flashlight if you dont. Then just pull the console a little and it will come off, allowing access to all the lights behind it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts