Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a quickkk question for ya'll.

Would you date a neighbor that is like 20 feet away from you?

Long story short, saw my neighbor at the bar Saturday night and have been kinda talking since - and of course she is a year older and wants a LT BF, and whereas I'm not exactly against something like that, I'd just be more willing to continue if she lived say, on the other side of the apartment complex.

I think it could just get creepy real fast... you know, I park my truck like 5 feet away from my apartment so not only can I look out to see if it's still there, btu so can she... she also walks by my place on the way to class, etc... it's just an "odd" situation to say the least...

-Morning Glory

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
This situation would be nice for quickies, until she got all clingy.
Didn't you ask this same question a couple months back? Something about a bus ride? Or did you have a turn over in neighbors?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This situation would be nice for quickies, until she got all clingy.
Didn't you ask this same question a couple months back? Something about a bus ride? Or did you have a turn over in neighbors?
Haha yeah, I took her home Saturday night... went into her place, then went home to let my dog out at 5am and crashed lol

I dunno if i asked the same question a few months ago... time goes by pretty quickly in the college world :D

I had a chance with a gorgeous girl Friday night but I wasn't thinking because when I'm in the situation where I'm with a friend and he knows the folks talking, I normally sit and listen to not impose.... but he said she thought I was hot later on, but I was dancing with a clingy redhead...

Anyway, this girl is cute, not HOT, but pretty cute.

-rockstate

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Yup you described them all back in October. Then there was some discussion with Hick & Woody reference a 'spank bank' (their words, I cant take credit for it).
I don't think we can offer decent advise w/o some sort of photograph evidence to evaluate.:D

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
I concur that pic's (of her) are needed so we can give an unbiased opinion. See we are a very helpful bunch and to offer any type of advise, one must know all the facts and with that being said, pictures are needed.
Feel free to PM them to me and I'll only share them with others of my quality standards.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,567 Posts
Hahahaha when I saw the title of the thread I figured it's gotta be Rock and then I saw Morning Glory and wonder who that was.

Now I know.

:D

·
Registered
559 Posts
With the way he's always talking about hooking up, I thought he would get renamed Morning Wood and underneath it say "Come and pitch a tent!". Either way, hook up with her.

·
NO MA'AM
2,244 Posts
Clingy redhead? I did that once. Still have the scars. One of the best nights ever!

~A

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
With all due respect, I'd say absolutely not. You do not seem to be emotionally ready for a long-term relationship - which is totally fine - but why lead someone on? It's not fair to you, and it's especially not fair to her if she has been honest enough with her intentions. That's rare in most women :)

People don't need to get together with the intention of getting married, BUT your intentions do need to match so no one gets hurts. It's obvious that they do not. Leave her to find someone that she can spend alot of time with, and not get hurt when you want to flirt or move on. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
With all due respect, I'd say absolutely not. You do not seem to be emotionally ready for a long-term relationship - which is totally fine - but why lead someone on? It's not fair to you, and it's especially not fair to her if she has been honest enough with her intentions. That's rare in most women :)

People don't need to get together with the intention of getting married, BUT your intentions do need to match so no one gets hurts. It's obvious that they do not. Leave her to find someone that she can spend alot of time with, and not get hurt when you want to flirt or move on. Good luck!
i agree with the above!

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Hey guys, got a quickkk question for ya'll.

Would you date a neighbor that is like 20 feet away from you?

Long story short, saw my neighbor at the bar Saturday night and have been kinda talking since - and of course she is a year older and wants a LT BF, and whereas I'm not exactly against something like that, I'd just be more willing to continue if she lived say, on the other side of the apartment complex.

I think it could just get creepy real fast... you know, I park my truck like 5 feet away from my apartment so not only can I look out to see if it's still there, btu so can she... she also walks by my place on the way to class, etc... it's just an "odd" situation to say the least...

-Morning Glory
LT? Latent Transexual?

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts

Rock isn't emotionally ready to stop sleeping with his teddy bear either. He needs a woman who won't judge him when he's sleeping with teddy under one arm while sucking his thumb.

Rock, do the ladies find your pajamas with the feet in them sexy?

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
You do realize that most women are crazy, right? They get even crazier
when things don't work out. I wouldn't want a jaded ex living within
ten miles of me, never mind next door. Even if she's not crazy (slim chance
on that one ha ha), it may be a bit uncomfortable if things don't work
out, unless you think there's a chance you guys might remain really good
friends. If you think that could happen, then you need to stop watching
whatever sappy movies you're watching :D!

Anyway, if you do go for it I'll have to start frequenting the detailing
section of this forum. That way when you say some piece of sh*t
keyed your truck in the parking lot someone will be there to remind
you of your disastrous decision! Seriously, if you do move forward with
your decision, I hope it works out for you. Good luck :D

John

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
when things don't work out.
section of this forum.
Sheesh, the kid is in college. We're thinking like mature adults (and fathers of daughters).
I do agree with the Irishman though on the potential later post of 'someone keyed my truck'.
All things considered, still extremely difficult to evaluate the situation w/o demonstrative evidence (pics). :D

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I concur that pic's (of her) are needed so we can give an unbiased opinion. See we are a very helpful bunch and to offer any type of advise, one must know all the facts and with that being said, pictures are needed.
Feel free to PM them to me and I'll only share them with others of my quality standards.
haha no pics as of rgiht now, maybe we'll see what happens and I'll post one

Hahahaha when I saw the title of the thread I figured it's gotta be Rock and then I saw Morning Glory and wonder who that was.

Now I know.

:D
Ah yes, i was thought people thought morning glory was the first dump of teh day... but i guess not always :rolleyes:

With the way he's always talking about hooking up, I thought he would get renamed Morning Wood and underneath it say "Come and pitch a tent!". Either way, hook up with her.
That'd be a good one and I thought bout it, but, I doubt they'd let me keep that one lol

Clingy redhead? I did that once. Still have the scars. One of the best nights ever!

~A
Ah yes, the scars to prove it... lol mine come from a brunette.

I agree with you 100%. I don't want to lead her on, and while I actually do like hanging out with her and stuff, because of the close proximity, I'm not sure if we can date. She says that it's when hooking up goes bad, then everything goes sour.... I think the opposite...

If she lived even on the other side of the complex, I'd be fine with dating her and willing to try it out.

LT? Latent Transexual?
Ah, wtf is one of those?

Rock isn't emotionally ready to stop sleeping with his teddy bear either. He needs a woman who won't judge him when he's sleeping with teddy under one arm while sucking his thumb.

Rock, do the ladies find your pajamas with the feet in them sexy?
It's not the teddy bear, and it's not the pajamas... it's the binky actually. You'd think they're a bit less shallow than that!

when things don't work out. I wouldn't want a jaded ex living within
ten miles of me, never mind next door. Even if she's not crazy (slim chance
on that one ha ha), it may be a bit uncomfortable if things don't work
out, unless you think there's a chance you guys might remain really good
friends. If you think that could happen, then you need to stop watching
whatever sappy movies you're watching :D!

section of this forum. That way when you say some piece of sh*t
keyed your truck in the parking lot someone will be there to remind
you of your disastrous decision! Seriously, if you do move forward with
your decision, I hope it works out for you. Good luck :D

John
Lol I hooked up with one of my neighbors 2 years ago (Brunnete with scars - see above) and it ended pretty badly. Thought she was gonna key teh ol' truck. She didn't, and luckily i made it about 4-5 days until she went to China and I went home for the summer. Sadly, my biggest worry is about getting my truck keyed..

No, LT means LONG TRAVEL boyfriend :eek: Not one of those stock length or mid travel set ups. lol
Now that's pretty funny :behindsofa:

-MG

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ah yes, the scars to prove it... lol mine come from a brunette.
Chocolate Lab story you haven't shared? :p Rock, your woman stories are too funny. I say live dangerously, take advantage of the situation. Doesn't matter if a crazy ex lives next door or across town, your truck has just a good a chance of getting keyed either way.
/Mike

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

I disagree that he should withhold. Just because she may want a LTR, doesn't mean he cannot go for a few test drives. He does have to say that he is not in the market to buy if he believes that the LTR is the goal of hers.
I always dated like it was a trial and see how far it went, when it was not going in the direction I was willing to go, I'd put on the brakes. Sex does not a relationship make. So as long as he is not leading her on and is willing to deal with the aftermath until his lease runs out, then go for it.

I think we need a dear abby section. Anybody agree?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts