Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Tundra Brothers what am I to do? My little sweetie is getting married :D and of course she wants a BIG wedding :( . My budget for the truck mods just went to zero in a flash faster than you can say I Do. Opinions, comments and donations welcome!

·
Registered
918 Posts
As a groom to be who for months now has been stepping over stacks of wedding magazines and been bugged for opinions and preferences that won't make the final cut anyway, I congratulate you and I sypmathize. The father of the bride and the groom are two rough spots but I will stay the groom any day. Be prepared: Even women who swear they are sane and will never be like all those 'other girls' on bridezilla tend to loose their minds. But I think walking with her down the aisle, all drama will be forgotten and it will be one of the most poignant days of your life.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Congratulations! I guess my advice is to keep the wedding simple. If she wants a lot of fluff, it can come out of they're budget. When we got married, my wife paid for the wedding and I paid for the honeymoon. The parents paid for the rehearsal and reception dinners. If they're getting married, they need to learn fiscal responsibility on day one, or they're in for a rude awakening soon thereafter. I have no problem with the parents paying for it all, but only if the kids are being responsible with their expectations. If you have a nestegg for her wedding, give it to them and let them decide whether to use it for the wedding or towards a house. My 2 cents!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Bend over and take it like a man. Congrats on the new son in law. Maybe he's good with his hands and tools. :D

I always suggest saving on the big wedding and giving them a nest egg to start their household.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and kind words. They're both lawyers so I think they should be paying ME to show up. :-D Yeah, I tried that line out and all I got was a blank stare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations as well, since you have a double cab, one mod you should save up for is a matching baby seat. Maybe one day you will be blessed with a new passenger to ride back there with you.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Congrats, I hope they have a long and happy marriage. My wife and her mother scouted around for a nice place to have the reception and found a nice ballroom with really good food for a very fair price. My in-laws paid for the reception, my parents paid for the rehearsal dinner. My wife and I paid for the photographer, my wifes cousin worked at a florist shop and her present to us was to prepare all the arrangements for cost. A friend of my wifes family makes wedding cakes, so she made us a nice small decorative cake and a large sheet cake as her present. Nothing was extravagant, but everything was very nice and made my wife and I happy.
I agree with what others say about fiscal responsibility. We are in a tough economic time right now, so there are bargains to be had. Also, I realize that it is (hopefully) a once in a lifetime experience, but you need to impress upon your girl that it is only 1 day. If my parents were willing and able to give us more money for the wedding, I would have preferred to defer that for a house or retirement.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Congratulations and good luck.:tu:
If you can get her to move far away you'll have extra money for mods in the future. If she hangs around close to home then don't count on that either.:eek:
Trust me, I have been there!!:(

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations and good luck.:tu:
If you can get her to move far away you'll have extra money for mods in the future. If she hangs around close to home then don't count on that either.:eek:
Trust me, I have been there!!:(
No problem there, they'll move to Washington DC next year. They're lawyers after all and that's where the $$$ are. Fortunately neither are interested in politics. And the downside is...they're moving to Washington DC. That's a long drive from S.C.

Congratulations as well, since you have a double cab, one mod you should save up for is a matching baby seat. Maybe one day you will be blessed with a new passenger to ride back there with you.
Matching baby seats...I like. Of course they'll have to have some CHROME around the edges. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the same boat my friend. Just bought my new 2010 DC TRD and have to be patient with my mods. The wedding is in June so it will be over soon. I bought the DC with the idea I'd be a grandpa hauling around grandkids, so it's all good. I just have to be a bit more patient. Congratulations of course!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ROFL...so THAT'S what YOU looked like when you got married? I've always wondered. And look, she had a bun in the oven too! Bonus.

Those twinkies look pretty good. I'm hungry bubba, slide me one over. Did you wash first?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm Wet Okole baby seat covers???? LOL ....Congrats...learn this word "ELOPE"!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Congratulations! I guess my advice is to keep the wedding simple. If she wants a lot of fluff, it can come out of they're budget. When we got married, my wife paid for the wedding and I paid for the honeymoon. The parents paid for the rehearsal and reception dinners. If they're getting married, they need to learn fiscal responsibility on day one, or they're in for a rude awakening soon thereafter. I have no problem with the parents paying for it all, but only if the kids are being responsible with their expectations. If you have a nestegg for her wedding, give it to them and let them decide whether to use it for the wedding or towards a house. My 2 cents!

i agree....the bride's family is the one that is supposed to pay for the wedding, the groom's family pays for the honeymoon and rehearsal dinner. but within reason. on one should blow more money than a car or even a house on a wedding.

on our rehearsal dinner, i chose to reserve the pavillion at the lake, and we had a cook out....gave family and friends a chance to talk and mingle unlike a stuffy sit down rehearsal dinner where you get stuck next to someone else who u dont really care to sit next to.

good luck and the mod budget will get restored again...one day.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
I wish more women would like a simple wedding and use that money for a down payment on a home....

*not married yet, but I've only dated one woman who thought a simple wedding was an acceptable idea....

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Is there any way to somehow work your mods into the wedding budget? Say something like "Honey, I've been thinking, no daughter of mine should have to risk having her mother and father be late to the wedding. So I've devised a solution! A simple super-charger, sway-bar, 3/1 lift kit, dual-rear exhaust, built-in dash GPS navigation system, 22" wheels with performance tires, and new headers for the Tundra should be all we need to ensure a very happy wedding... and it will cost less than taking a limo" :becky: :D:D:D
... or something to that effect!

BTW, congratulations!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts