Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the DRLs on thier truck? Do you have a light in your instrument cluster telling you they are on and is that light annoying or is it subtle and barely noticeable. Had DRLs on my Chevy work truck and that was a huge green indicator light that was super annoying. I would like the DRLs on my 07 CrewMax for the safety purpose, but not if I have to look at a big green boogey in my instrument cluster all day long. Can someone post a pic possibly of that light or offer some feedback?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have them on my DC....no light on the dash. They just turn on the parking lights, not the headlights.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
there is a light that is on for them .. its on the right side of the cluster (on my limited) to me its not annoying
I have the limited as well...

I do not have an indicator light for the "Day Time Running Lights".

I do have a green indicator light on the right side for the "Fog Lights".

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have the limited as well...

I do not have an indicator light for the "Day Time Running Lights".

I don't have an indicator for the DRL.

However, I also do not have an indicator for the fog lights. The green indicator on the right comes on anytime the light switch is on (whether fogs are engaged or not). I figured they did this in case you leave the light switch on one night and they auto turn-off (timer or via keyless remote). Then the next morning when you start up you may not realize the light switch is still on from the night before. My truck does not have the "automatic" lamp setting, just the automatic off that Toyota has done for years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just wanted to hello first, this is my first post. I have a SR5 Crew Max on the way and I have the DRL. I am wondering if there is a way to turn them off. I hunt and sometimes I may need to run without headlights, other wise I want them on.

Thanks
KD

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for the quick responces. I have an order placed and just didn't want to have to deal with an annoyance in my future perfect truck. HAHA:tu: :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
That is just for low beam headlights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts