Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in a DC front grill to the AC from grill. I've been looking for a replacement front grill for my 2006 double cab. I've been looking on ebay and notice that all of the front grills are for standard cab or access cab trucks, but not double cab?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Yes, AC and DC grill has same shape except DC grill is taller (bottom legs that go from hood to bumper cover)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A double cab is actually a slightly bigger truck in every way being based on the Sequoia body structure and not the preexisting tundra. AFIK no body parts will interchange

AC left DC right

not my pic
Best Year for 1st Gen Tundra - TTORA Forum

Thanks for the info! It's just weird that the part (front grill) is actually slightly larger. I thought it was universal between grills, until I actually read the fine print.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You do have an option for both the AC and DC version Tundra. They offered a Darrell Waltrip series Tundra with this grille shown on the picture I attached. It was also offered on the TRD Sequoia. You can purchase this on the TRDparts4U web site for the Sequoia and Tundra. The pre 03' body style Tundra would require the Ivan Stewart grille.

You check out my photo's and see what mine looks like with the insert powder coated black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
seems the question has been answered but just to clear up:

the double cab is bigger in every way. its a tad wider i believe, longer wheelbase (obviously), the bed is deeper and cab is taller (to match the bed).

as such, there are very few interchangeable parts between an AC and a DC besides the engine. pretty much everything else is different

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
as such, there are very few interchangeable parts between an AC and a DC besides the engine. pretty much everything else is different

There are some interior parts that are interchangeable as well. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts