Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husband will be buying a 2010 Double-cab Taco. Considering the offroad package with 6 speakers and a sub-woofer. We didn't know they offered sub-woofer in double-cab. Does anybody have pictures or info. about where it fits?

·
Registered
31 Posts
On my access cab, the subwoofer sits in between the rear seats, up against the rear wall, and under the window. While I'd imagine it's the same on a double cab, I can't seem to dig up a photo of it online.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Husband will be buying a 2010 Double-cab Taco. Considering the offroad package with 6 speakers and a sub-woofer. We didn't know they offered sub-woofer in double-cab. Does anybody have pictures or info. about where it fits?
It sits behind the rear seat, lower back area. Passenger side. The sub is only an 8" in a black plastic box with an even smaller amp attached, and it is very very weak. I know its probably fine for most older people that dont necessarily want to be thumping down the road.

If your thinking about buying it because you want some bass, please dont buy it. Go buy a real stereo and a real amp and a real box and a real sub.

Seriously though, a $50 sub from Walmart will sound better than it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's really not looking for big-time thumping, just the best factory stereo possible. The main question is how much of the storage under the back seats does the sub-woofer take up? Can't find any pictures on-line. Do you have any?

·
Registered
73 Posts
He's really not looking for big-time thumping, just the best factory stereo possible. The main question is how much of the storage under the back seats does the sub-woofer take up? Can't find any pictures on-line. Do you have any?
I have a picture of it outside the truck, not installed anymore. You want to buy it. Its basically brand new. I also have the stock 6 disk stereo, also brand new

As for taking up space, it takes up everything. You wont have room for anything behind the rear seats. Except for the driver's side which has a small little cubby for like a small rope or jumper cables....not much. You can pull that cubby out completely and gain alot more room if need be. The picture Im showing you is just the subwoofer unit. That (the sub unit) is hidden behind a big piece of plastic that is almost up against the back of the seat. So yea...no room back there.

Sorry its collected some dust in my closet

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have DC also, with the JBL - but its worth garbage really - went to the local sound place and replaced it all eventually -- and like the other guy said, i have mine also available.. but i wouldnt do that - youre better off not worrying about the radio too much - if your husband wants an upgrade, its easier to spend the mony at Crutchfiled , instead of toyota - he will be happy he did !
:0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts