Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I placed my order from DDM back on May 23rd. They got here on June 10th. Not the quickest shipping, but hell, for 30 bucks each set, I would have waited much longer.

The install went OK, however both my H10 and H11 came with the blade connectors instead of the adapters. That's OK too, I just grabbed the trusty electrical tape and went to town.

Low beams: Didn't have to remove the headlight assembly, but damn, it was cramped trying to get the HID's in. I read somewhere else on here that it made it easier to use the stock orange rubber gasket, and I can now attest that this makes things MUCH easier. I tried putting the first one in with the o-ring that came with the light, but i couldn't get the damn thing to turn and seat properly. Switched it out with the factory one, and while it was still a little hard to get seated properly, it was much easier than with the one that came with the HID's.

Fogs: Easy as pie. All i had to do was remove the lower portion of the front fenderwell, and I was done in ten minutes.

Total install took about 1.5 hours, but man, was it worth it. The before and after was amazing. I turned the lights on after I had one side done, and it made the factory lights look yellow and dull. I tried to take pictures, but it was still daylight and the pics didn't come out that well. Anyway, after I finished I took some night pics, so here you go:

Also, after I got them in, I adjusted the headlights so I wouldn't blind any oncoming cars. I know there are plenty of users who think it's blasphemy to use HID's without projectors, but I really don't care what you think. I like these, and am SUPER happy with them.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Damn it those are nice... I got my from DDM aswell, you can't beat the price and they are pretty good quality. I want 5000K insted of the 6000K I have now :(

·
Registered
820 Posts
I also just got my order from DDM on the 11th and ordered may 24th. Your right about the price, I did not mind waiting either. I only installed my lows so far. Got to install my fogs later today or tomorrow. Mine came with both connections the plug and the blades. You got to choose which one you need to use and remove the other set. I will take pics here once they are all installed. I am now thinking about getting a set for my girls car.

·
Registered
916 Posts
red, what exact light did you purchase that came with blade and plug connections? I purchased a set for my wife's car and got the blades. I was not happy with it and returned them. I sent an email and tried calling 3 times to find out how I could get the actual plug for a cleaner look, never heard back from them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
red, what exact light did you purchase that came with blade and plug connections? I purchased a set for my wife's car and got the blades. I was not happy with it and returned them. I sent an email and tried calling 3 times to find out how I could get the actual plug for a cleaner look, never heard back from them.

I agree that the connector would have been a lot easier than the blades, but for 30 bucks, it works for me. I just used a LOT of electrical tape to keep the elements out :D.

P.S... GO STEELERS. I also just got my die cut steeler decal for the back window in. I'm literally about to go downstairs and put it on the truck. I'll post a picture for you after!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoon, here you go for your viewing pleasure! :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
I just ordered the slim ballast kits they are 39.95 each.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Webbman.... very nice! Red, thanks for the info. I'll look into those.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anybody whos had these kits for a while notice that your headlights seem to get foggier?Like the brighter/hotter light sort of burns the clear plastic a little.I know its not noticeable for people who just installed them but just wondering lol

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hmmm had mine for awhile now and haven't noticed this. Possible though

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Well, I placed my order from DDM back on May 23rd. They got here on June 10th. Not the quickest shipping, but hell, for 30 bucks each set, I would have waited much longer.

The install went OK, however both my H10 and H11 came with the blade connectors instead of the adapters. That's OK too, I just grabbed the trusty electrical tape and went to town.

Low beams: Didn't have to remove the headlight assembly, but damn, it was cramped trying to get the HID's in. I read somewhere else on here that it made it easier to use the stock orange rubber gasket, and I can now attest that this makes things MUCH easier. I tried putting the first one in with the o-ring that came with the light, but i couldn't get the damn thing to turn and seat properly. Switched it out with the factory one, and while it was still a little hard to get seated properly, it was much easier than with the one that came with the HID's.

Fogs: Easy as pie. All i had to do was remove the lower portion of the front fenderwell, and I was done in ten minutes.

Total install took about 1.5 hours, but man, was it worth it. The before and after was amazing. I turned the lights on after I had one side done, and it made the factory lights look yellow and dull. I tried to take pictures, but it was still daylight and the pics didn't come out that well. Anyway, after I finished I took some night pics, so here you go:

Also, after I got them in, I adjusted the headlights so I wouldn't blind any oncoming cars. I know there are plenty of users who think it's blasphemy to use HID's without projectors, but I really don't care what you think. I like these, and am SUPER happy with them.

Very nice!

I just ordered the slim ballast kits they are 39.95 each.
I want these; sent you a PM! ANY PICS?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Anybody whos had these kits for a while notice that your headlights seem to get foggier?Like the brighter/hotter light sort of burns the clear plastic a little.I know its not noticeable for people who just installed them but just wondering lol
i've had my HIDs for 7 months now...no issues on mine. plus it wouldnt make any sense to have this happen as the HID bulbs run cooler than the stock halogens anyway so there is no more heat there.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
DDM Tuning : HID Kits

The 29.95 and 39.95 are mechanically same, just that 39.95 are slim and smaller

·
Registered
820 Posts
DDM Tuning : HID Kits

The 29.95 and 39.95 are mechanically same, just that 39.95 are slim and smaller
I ordered the 39.95 ones and had both connections the blades or the plugs and got to choice and cut off the other one. I heard that the 29.95 ones just have the blades. Both are a good deal just up to you if you want plug or blades.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Has anyone gotten a ticket running these HIDs? I thought the DOT ruled non-OEM (ie HID kits in a halogen housing instead of a projector) HIDs illegal several years back or for off road use only. Hate to spend the time and money only to get a ticket.

I used to have a set of HIDs in my 4Runner and my wife (girlfriend at the time) said it was SOOOO blinding when I was behind her or passing her on a two lane road. She drove a Lexus at the time which sat much lower than my 4Runner.

This is a awesome price for the kit but seems like it is a ticket waiting to happen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any pics of the install, like where you mount the ballast...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone gotten a ticket running these HIDs? I thought the DOT ruled non-OEM (ie HID kits in a halogen housing instead of a projector) HIDs illegal several years back or for off road use only. Hate to spend the time and money only to get a ticket.

I used to have a set of HIDs in my 4Runner and my wife (girlfriend at the time) said it was SOOOO blinding when I was behind her or passing her on a two lane road. She drove a Lexus at the time which sat much lower than my 4Runner.

This is a awesome price for the kit but seems like it is a ticket waiting to happen.
You'll just have to adjust your headlights.

Cool thing about the 2010 Tundra's is that they have automatic headlight adjusters. I just installed 6000k low beams and fogs and just adjusted mine downwards. I have the 3/1 lift and I can be behind a small sedan and my lights won't even go into their cabin, it will just shine on the back of the car in the tag area. The fog lights are actually more blinding than the low beams, but neither goes into any car's rearview mirror or blinds anyone.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You can rid of the amber lights when the head lights are on....
You should also rid of the side-marker bulbs....

Otherwise it looks very nice....
I'm about to retrofit projectors in the high beam and fogs.... leaving my low beams alone....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts