Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my two front doors done, hopefully get the back two done tomorrow.
Here are some pics. This was my first time installing deadener so its not the cleanest install but it should get the job done.

By the way the product is ed edead vse1^2, not the best stuff, but for 1.20 a square it was all I could afford.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing to my taco. Did you notice much of a difference in road noise or speaker preformance? Which brand of deadener did you use? Any info you could give me would be a great help. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is elemental designs edead vse1^2, I have not put the door panels back on because I am installing new components hopefully next weekend. I did put the stock speakers back on for now and it sounds a little better, those speakers are horrible though, I will update next weekend when I install everything.

·
Registered
137 Posts
it is elemental designs edead vse1^2, I have not put the door panels back on because I am installing new components hopefully next weekend. I did put the stock speakers back on for now and it sounds a little better, those speakers are horrible though, I will update next weekend when I install everything.
You get anything else done? Or just the Deadening?

... Also, what do you plan on deadening in the rear?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You get anything else done? Or just the Deadening?

... Also, what do you plan on deadening in the rear?
I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, my buddy wrecked his motorcycle friday night and was in the hospital all weekend, so I was there for a little while. I am going to deaden the back doors, and that's it at first. I should have everything else installed next weekend:

2 alpine amps, 2 6.5" mids, 2 1" tweeters, 3 8" subs. Hopefully just deadening the doors will be enough for me, I really don't feel like ripping out the carpet, headliner or the rear wall.

·
Registered
137 Posts
2 alpine amps, 2 6.5" mids, 2 1" tweeters, 3 8" subs. Hopefully just deadening the doors will be enough for me, I really don't feel like ripping out the carpet, headliner or the rear wall.
Well, make sure you take lots of pics. I'll be on your coat tails in 2 weeks when I get back into town... So It'll be nice to have some reference pics...

BTW: I got a crazy deal on a sub amp... It's not the alpine... And it'll be a tight fit... But it loooks like I'll have atleast 1000watts @ 2.66 ohms on hand for those poor poor eD's... How can this possibly end badly? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, make sure you take lots of pics. I'll be on your coat tails in 2 weeks when I get back into town... So It'll be nice to have some reference pics...

BTW: I got a crazy deal on a sub amp... It's not the alpine... And it'll be a tight fit... But it loooks like I'll have atleast 1000watts @ 2.66 ohms on hand for those poor poor eD's... How can this possibly end badly? :rolleyes:
Sweet, what kind of amp is it? I will deffinitely take a bunch of pics for you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I deadened my doors and rear wall behind the rear seat a few years ago. there is a noticible noise decrease when driving. Dont thinks its going to be quite like a Mercedes. I still never finished up doing the floor, firewall and roof. Maybe in the next month or so. The noise that you will never be able to get rid of is roadnoise that comes through the glass area and wing noise around the seals. If the windows were double-pane glass and the doors had double seals it would be quite like a S-class mercedes.

I got my stuff from B-Quiet sound deadening material . Good price and comparable or better than other deadeners. Shippping was super fast.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
nice job. :tu: :tu: ill have to be doing mine soon too. my 10w7 is starting to show through.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
My sound guy used what he called dyno-mat. It was a self adhiesive padded material that lined the door and inner door pannel. We didn't want the component speakers to rattle anything. Works great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured I might as well do it when I had the door panels off to install my components. It has quieted the doors down a good bit, Im sure it will sound even better when I get the door panels back on, plus my new speakers.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts