Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my oil changed at a large dealership here in Tempe, and I will say, they have been very good to me. They went above and beyond with my vibration problem when they could have told me to pound sand.
With that said, today I was working out pricing for a SC instal and upon my service guy asking the Service manager, he clearly stated that they have STOPPED installs due to two incidents with "bad fuel mapping" causing internal engine carnage.

I read every SC thread I can find, and pay quite a bit of attention to the details......and I have never heard this. I asked about the second flash for the cold weather.... and they acknowledged that they use it. My second thought is that the two incidents are related to a PNP tuner ?

I know stuff happens, and power-adders will wreak havoc in certain conditions, but two from the same dealer?
I think they might have an install issue and/or their flash is corrupt.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well.... first I would say if they have two issues that are identical at that dealership then I would find another dealership to do my install. Since they are halting them anyway its a good excuse for you to shop around. I would talk to every toyota dealership you can within a reasonable range and find out how many SC installs they have done. Once you find a couple that have got several under their belts then I would start a pricing war between them... if you can get them to go against each other on price.

Good Luck man!!!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, seems isolated to the dealer. If I was anywhere close to Sparks I would have them do it, but I think I will have Findley in Los Vegas take a shot at it. They have done more than a couple members rigs with great sucess. The problem is the drive is awful. Makes me want to drive off a cliff (Boring).

I haven't seen one member with a SC installed in Phoenix. Very odd :beatsme:

·
Registered
13 Posts
install may be too much "work" for that dealership...

·
Registered
814 Posts
^ Or you could just say they have retarded Techs that don't know how to really do anything other than change oil. :eek:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
It is very odd to say the least.

I would shop around, I know that there is at least 3 Toyota Dealers in the Valley. One of the other 2 should be able to tell you what the scoop is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey man, if you are thinking of getting a S/C installed, I would highly recommend Camelback Toyota. Jose Tijerino in the service department will do anything and everything to make sure you are taken care of. The tech that he had install the S/C on my X-Runner made sure to have the most up to date fuel mappings and even took my truck in on the side one day to instally my Gates S/C belt at no charge. The parts department also matched the price that I printed off of TRD Sparks website for the whole package. They even discounted the install price and had a few techs at once help the master tech so that I could have my truck back the next day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just a side note about the level of service that these guys will go to in order to alleviate a problem. I had a whining noise in the rear brakes that would go away as soon as I slightly touched the pedal. I only have 14,000 miles on my Tundra. The tech went as far as to disassemble the rear brakes to ensure proper fitment and lubrication. After that, the brakes were no longer dragging and the issue has not come back since. The service manager also replaced two of my tires after an alignment issue caused uneven wear. I hope this helps you make your decision to give Camelback a try to rectify your S/C woes man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts