Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have my 5.7 CM 4x4 coming in a couple weeks. I asked the dealer what he would charge to level it so that everything would be covered under warranty. For a Readylift (lifting the front only).... for the lift (off of the website is $229.95), alignment ($69.95) and labor (they must have Chip Foose himself doing the install) it is $1000!!!!!!
:jaw:Buyer beware in Tulsa, OK!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 weeks, but they already had exactly what I want planned for production and I'm getting that one

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Okay, so I have my 5.7 CM 4x4 coming in a couple weeks. I asked the dealer what he would charge to level it so that everything would be covered under warranty. For a Readylift (lifting the front only).... for the lift (off of the website is $229.95), alignment ($69.95) and labor (they must have Chip Foose himself doing the install) it is $1000!!!!!!
haha ive seen everywhere from 600-1000 for this from the stealership...not just tulsa oklahoma.... one off road place i called wanted 500 bucks in labor to do mine. i did it myself. i understand you nto wanting to have warranty issues, but they will have to prove something is caused by the lift itself to deny the coverage on a repair...and if the lift has issues, the maker of the lift has some sort of warranty so i'd just do it myself if i were you and tell the dealer to shove it haha.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Being that most dealerships are being hammered by the longer work hours, and dealing with these recalls... I could see why they quoted you such a price...
Especially on a product that they don't sell....

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hot damn. I got quoted at $150 today for labor and $60 for alignment at the same shop.

I am debating on the kits. I guess I want one that sits on top of the strut seeing as it would most likely cause less wear than one that preloads the strut.

Hmmm... Low Range Off-road for $300 might be the way I go since it's billet aluminum.

-rockstate

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ouch...Got my 3" installed at Toyota of Boerne in Texas for 490 at dealership..would deinetley not pay that price...see if they will price match other dealerships

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Just sounds like the dealer doesn't want to do it. So they give you a high quote so you won't bother them.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Just sounds like the dealer doesn't want to do it. So they give you a high quote so you won't bother them.
+ 1 Points sent. I think you would do much better to go to an off road shop or order the parts online and find a shop to install. I bought 5100's online for 177 and paid 200 for install which is too high, and then paid 50 for alignment. So about $425...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'm definitely not using the dealer for the lift. Makes me want to find a different dealer altogether. Maybe they don't have any interest in the whole deal.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
If they are getting the truck exactly as you want and the price is fair, then why stop the deal? The service and sales are two separate entities under 1 roof.
The way I did it with the GF car purchase was that BEFORE we agreed to buy, we had wanted several dealer accessories so all the negotiations included them as part of the price. The accessories ended up costing us less than half if we had done it afterward.

You best option is to go to the sales team and say I want this truck, only lifted. And your service department wants to charge me double the going rate. I haven't even gotten the truck and I am starting to feel like an unhappy customer.
Don't confirm or deny the deal is in jeopardy.

The sales manager may just exert the influence you want

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
If they are getting the truck exactly as you want and the price is fair, then why stop the deal? The service and sales are two separate entities under 1 roof.
The way I did it with the GF car purchase was that BEFORE we agreed to buy, we had wanted several dealer accessories so all the negotiations included them as part of the price. The accessories ended up costing us less than half if we had done it afterward.

You best option is to go to the sales team and say I want this truck, only lifted. And your service department wants to charge me double the going rate. I haven't even gotten the truck and I am starting to feel like an unhappy customer.
Don't confirm or deny the deal is in jeopardy.

The sales manager may just exert the influence you want
But...unless you are paying cash for your vehicle, you are financing the aftermarket adds for the entire term of the note which will eventually cost you MORE!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The dealer is almost always going to cost more than shopping around. Only if there were no other options would I go to the dealer and pay that kind of money.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wtf!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
But...unless you are paying cash for your vehicle, you are financing the aftermarket adds for the entire term of the note which will eventually cost you MORE!!
That is wrong. You can not say for certain what money will do. Maybe investing the cash and financing the truck will put you ahead if you make a good investment.

Anyways, what I think you are getting at is that financing add on will incur interest. Well that is true. But if I pay $300 for the options by bundling, and would have spent $1000 separately buying them, that leaves me $700 plus tax that I can put down on the vehicle up front.

Not many people pay for their vehicle or even mods with cash. Thing is not to finance long term things you could/should pay off short term.
For the car, the warrenty sales person wanted us to buy a dealer warrenty to cover the car. normal maint. items included. Well the term was 24 months and he kept on telling us that it would only add a few dollars to our 63 month payment. So I was immediately like you want us to pay for a dealer warrenty for the first two years of the cars life and yet pay for it 3 years after it expires. I told the guy that we weren't geniuses, but we were not that stupid. He was trying to make up for the good deal we got on the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts