Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 06 is still very tempting to me because of the price incentives; dealers are selling them below cost around here. One salesman said they just want them off the lots and offered me a Ltd. for about 8k under list.

Originally, I was looking at an 07 SR5 (5.7) and 06 LTD at about the same price but now the 06 is significantly reduced.

Kind of a dilemma whether to go for price or the latest and greatest.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
I agree. It's a tough choice. I decided to go for the 06DC. I bought mine in October and got over 7K off the sticker. And... I needed a truck then, I could have waited but just didn't want to. I'm not sure what I'd do now but the 06 model is plenty big enough for me and has a proven track record. I use mine for a work truck and it's holding up great.:tu:

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The size is fine for me as well and I will be using the truck mostly as a daily driver so the 06 may be a better fit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The 06 is still very tempting to me because of the price incentives; dealers are selling them below cost around here. One salesman said they just want them off the lots and offered me a Ltd. for about 8k under list.

Originally, I was looking at an 07 SR5 (5.7) and 06 LTD at about the same price but now the 06 is significantly reduced.

Kind of a dilemma whether to go for price or the latest and greatest.
Check your bank account/monthly budget maybe?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was facing the same decision last fall. Buy an 06 at a great price, or wait for the 07 and take my chances on whatever Toyota and/or the dealers would do with the pricing. The prices on the 06 and the year end factory rebate was so good that it overpowered any interest I had in the 07. Remember, it's a depreciating asset, so every mile you drive lowers the value of the vehicle anyways. So why not start with the lower priced truck to begin with and "cut your losses" so to speak. Just my 2-cents. And since this thread is in the 1st Gen Tundra forum, it's almost an obligation for us to defend the 1st Gen models!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Go with the 1st gen 06 DC for $8000 off MSRP. You can't find any other mfg. to come close to the pricing, and there's no way I'd pay $10,000 more for a CrewMax right now. The 07 DC doesn't have the back seat room, nor is it priced any where near what they're dealing on the 06 DC

Just for chitzngiggles, go to autotrader.com and pull up 2005 DC's and see what they're selling for. When you realize you can get a better deal on a brand spankin' new 06, the decision will almost be made. These things hold their value.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I need to get on the ball and sell my tacoma so I can still find a brand new 06 on a lot. ;) I was planning on looking for a used 05/06 but I am sure I could come across a brandnew one for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
If I were in the market for a new truck I definitely would consider the '06. With that kind of incentive it would be a no-brainer. Of course you would compromise color and equipment, but for the savings I think I could learn to love it. I would take the '06 over the '07 because it is a proven design. Who knows what new model production bugs are present.

Now that I have my '01 modified to my specs I would not start all over again, plus mine is free and clear. Paid for is GOOD!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most newly introduced vehicle designs usually have more problems for a year or two. Examples are the brake, fuel system, and transmission issues on the first Tundras. I expect we'll see some reliablity hassles with the 07 Tundras too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts