Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with there dealer not being able to service the new tundra? I bought the truck 2/8 and have not been able to get any service work done on it for various reasons - i.e. dont have the equipment/tools to work on it, parts availability, current lifts not able to lift/support new tundra..etc, etc.

Hopefully I am not the only one having this issue.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with there dealer not being able to service the new tundra? I bought the truck 2/8 and have not been able to get any service work done on it for various reasons - i.e. dont have the equipment/tools to work on it, parts availability, current lifts not able to lift/support new tundra..etc, etc.

Hopefully I am not the only one having this issue.
We are building an entire new service super center partly because of this truck. We have 3 service centers and only 1 lift that can pick up the damn truck.

I cant wait for the new center to open up. We are going to have a starbucks in our store, lmao

The future is going to be full of caffiene

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are building an entire new service super center partly because of this truck. We have 3 service centers and only 1 lift that can pick up the damn truck.

I cant wait for the new center to open up. We are going to have a starbucks in our store, lmao

The future is going to be full of caffiene
I just wish I was told at the time of purchase that my truck would not be able to be serviced for X amount of time instead of me finding out after the fact. The deralership owes me 3 things at this point...and they have all been paid for in full. WHat do I have to show for it...absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Today I went in to my dealer for my first service and oil change (first one is included with vehicle). I called in advance since it's a 160 mile round trip to make sure they had everything they needed after reading posts here about a shortage of the new cartridge-style oil filters. They said yes.

I crossed my fingers and drove over. Thank goodness everything went well. Their lift was capable of my longbed DCab 4x4. I talked to the mechanic and asked him how everything went and he said great. He also said it was the first time they ever changed the oil on a 5.7L and it wasn't so bad. He said it was an easier job if you drop the front skid plate (the existing factory one, not the add-on accessory aluminum skid plate which seems like a redunant cosmetic item to me). I didn't realize I was going to be their "first".

·
Registered
76 Posts
our dealership service center is the same, our lifts can't support the weight, but i've seen a f-350 crewcab with an 8 foot bed on the lift with no problem, and i know for fact a turbo diesel f-350 weighs more then a 07 tundra, but our dealership is in process of building a 70,000 sq. foot dealership/service with lifts that can accommidate the new tundra.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just wish I was told at the time of purchase that my truck would not be able to be serviced for X amount of time instead of me finding out after the fact. The deralership owes me 3 things at this point...and they have all been paid for in full. WHat do I have to show for it...absolutely nothing.
what are they having a hard time putting on?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what are they having a hard time putting on?
They can't finish the remote start install because they don't have the capablity to make new keys for the truck....under carriage spray cannot be done.....TRD dual exhaust cant be installed...no oil changes....and to top it all off, a scratch discovered at delivery needs to be repaired. The scratch can be done at any time but I would like everything done at the same time so its less of an inconveniance for me. All of the above cannot be done (besides the scratch) for one or more of the reason I listed earlier. Either I call the service manager directly or he calls me on a weekly basis letting me know where things stand. The lifts were supposed to be in place at least 3.5 weeks ago. Now I am hearing that they should be in by Friday.

The saga continues

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
well we knew we had to get new lifts but it sure doesnt happen over night. We got our one so far and we should have all the rest done by time everyone has 5000 miles on their trucks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well we knew we had to get new lifts but it sure doesnt happen over night. We got our one so far and we should have all the rest done by time everyone has 5000 miles on their trucks
It comes down to poor planning on Toyotas part. They knew this truck was coming down the pipe...they knew the size and I am sure that they had some idea how much this truck was going to weigh. It takes years to develop a truck like the 07 tundra so they had plenty of time to make sure that dealers could service the vehicles and be prepared to do much more than oil changes.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It comes down to poor planning on Toyotas part. They knew this truck was coming down the pipe...they knew the size and I am sure that they had some idea how much this truck was going to weigh. It takes years to develop a truck like the 07 tundra so they had plenty of time to make sure that dealers could service the vehicles and be prepared to do much more than oil changes.
agree. toyota f;ed up with the oil filter issue, lift/repair issue, and how about the late offering of the trucks. and still no crewmax. almost 4 months into 07, my truck will be new for a couple months until the 08's come out.
whats up w/that

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
in a slight defense of dealers, Toyota kept most of the details pretty quiet about this truck.

Our region went to each store with a F250 to see if the stores could lift it a few months before the truck came out. But nothing happens over night at the stores. Some of these buildings are are 80 years old, You cant just tear down and put up new lifts over night.

We are building an entirely new service center and it took over 3 months just to get the city to approve it, then Toyota had to approve it and then the bank had to approve it.

In one of our parts of our dealerships, the service center is on the 5th floor so we have to use a car elevator to get it up there. The new tundra wont fit in the elevator.

so it takes time, maybe they should have just told us a year in advance the exact dimensions so we could get ready but they didnt.

Most dealerships are doing the best they can.

So far we havent had any issues but my fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
our dealership service center is the same, our lifts can't support the weight, but i've seen a f-350 crewcab with an 8 foot bed on the lift with no problem, and i know for fact a turbo diesel f-350 weighs more then a 07 tundra, but our dealership is in process of building a 70,000 sq. foot dealership/service with lifts that can accommidate the new tundra.
Well if it can lift and F350 CC, LB with a diesel it can lift a new Tundra. I have that same truck and it weight 8400 lbs with me and a full tank of fuel. It is 262" long bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another week has gone by with very little progress. The dealer finally got the system in to duplicate keys so at least they can get my remote start working. Once again they were supposed to have the lifts ready to go by last Friday/Saturday..........we those days have come and gone once again!

Will call the Service Director in the morning...or better yet...I may just stop in there and get a little face-to-face time with the sales manager and service director.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts