Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some thoughts on what has happened to me.

I went to a Toyota dealership and told them I wanted a 2012 4x4 Double Cab 5.7l Black Rock Warrior. They had a white one, but said they found one close by and could have it in a day or two days at the very latest. I signed ALL of the papers to purchase that specific Tundra Sunday. I don't hear anything until Monday night and they tell me they didn't have enough drivers to go pick it up from the other dealership. Tuesday afternoon I decide to contact them because I haven't heard anything and they tell me the truck was sold at the other dealership, but they have another one on the way exactly the same; same price too! So I go to pick it up Tuesday night and they are trying to hurry me along and get me to sign all of the papers. To make a long story short they were trying to charge me more and the truck didn't have a bed-liner like the other one and it also had the factory sidesteps which I didn't want. They told me they will not remove the sidesteps or add a bed-liner.

If it helps, I was getting the truck for about $33,000 before taxes and fees.

How bad am I getting jerked around here? Is this normal? Is it a good price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a 2011 R/W new for 31,800 out the door. It a bed-liner but no side steps.
I get Toyota employee pricing on any Toyota and I can't negotiate on the price. It is dealer cost minus any hold back. They showed me that they were losing $200 on the sale, but they receive a $700 check from Toyota for a $500 profit. Maybe I should trash my employee pricing sheet and just try to negotiate with another dealer to get a better price.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pricing will vary "a little" by regions. Shippping as an example to further points. What is the MSRP? When checking prices, start with MSRP listing that way you know you are comparing apples to apples. There are too many options ( tint, bed liner, nitrogen, cold weather pkg, security) that may or may not be on the exact same model vehicle. So start w/MSRP and if there is a diff then you can understand better that there will then be a OTD, out the door, different price. FYI: its not bait and switch, it happens often on dealer locates that there will be a diff in the vehicle. More or less equipment on the same model. Ask them since the vehicle is different than the one you originaly discussed, ask them to tint the front windows for you-dont demand, just ask politlely. If I am reading you post correctly, it looks as if the dealer is making $500. Sorry, IMO that is not much considering the expenses they still have to out. i.e. sales commision to the salesperson and mgr. AND since they even took off the holdback money, there is no "extra" unaccounted for dealer money. Again, IMO You did more then good.

BTW: I prefer my truck NOT to have a spray liner already in them because when I get it done I have them remove EVERY not and bolt inside the bed first including the tie downs, that way if I ever have to remove the bed I do not have to break the seal and IMO it is a cleaner install look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts