Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago, I had the dealership install new front and rear brakes and resurface all rotors (fyi who don't know, the Sequoia has front & rear rotors, not like the earlier Tundra that had rear drums). A few weeks later I tried engaging the parking brake (here in FL, there aren't too many opportunities to use the parking brake) and it didn't work...the vehicle kept moving. It's not like I was hearing a faint grinding noise from the parking break trying to stop the vehicle from moving, it was as if I had the it in neutral and moving fluidly. So I assumed at that point that the dealership never adjusted the parking brake after installing the rear rotors. It never occurred to me to test the parking brakes after receiving my vehicle from that service and now I am kicking my self in the rearend for it. I went back thinking they would fix it for free since they didn't adjust it. I was wrong. I was charged $50 for them to readjust it and was somewhat disappointed as I felt it was part of their responsibility to do so as part of the installation of the rear brakes and rotors. Am I wrong on this part or was it right on the dealership's side to charge me for the readjusting? If so, why wasn't I told about that small asterisk about readjusting the parking brakes whenever the rotors was replaced? Or do I have to go back there and demand a refund for a service that should have been included in the prior visit?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats what I'll probably end up doing.

But does anyone else thing the dealership should have adjusted the parking brakes when they installed the rear pads & rotors?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Well did they say they'd adjust them in the estimate or work order? Also don't the parking brakes adjust themselves when you apply them? If the auto adjuster is working properly a couple of applications should put them in position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts