Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals this is the situation that I'm facing. I'm interested in a new 2008 Tundra CrewMax Limited. Preferably with the black exterior with the oak beige or graphite leather interior. I have been given some quotes from three different dealerships. This is the response to a quote that I was given...

"THERE ARE ONLY 27 MILES ON THE TRUCK SO YES THIS IS A BRAND NEW 08 TRUCK. YOUR OTD PRICE IS 31,073....THIS BREAKS DOWN LIKE THIS....
TAXES: 300.00
DOC FEE: 499.00 (WHICH IS NON-NEGOTIABLE)
TAGS AND TITLE: 75.00 (STATE OF SC)
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME IN AND TEST DRIVE THE TRUCK."

When I complained about the price, she took the otd price down to $30,995.00!

Here is a copy of the so-called invoice they sent me for the specific truck...

Series:Tundra 4x2

Model:4x2 Limited CrewMax 8272 - Ltd 5.7L V8Model

Year:2008

Transmission:6 Speed Automatic

VIN:5TBEV58108S482391

Exterior:Black

Interior:Graphite Leather

Estimated Pricing*MSRPBase $39,110.00

Options $1,157.00

Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $795.00

Total $41,062.00

Base - the price the Dealer pays the Manufacturer for the vehicle.

Options - the amount of optional equipment (accessories and packages)
installed on the vehicle.

Manuf. Delv, Proc & Hndlg - Delivery, Processing & Handling - the fee that is paid by the Dealer to the Manufacturer to cover the cost of transporting the vehicle to the dealership.
Admin - the Administrative Fee is a charge paid by the Dealer to Southeast Toyota, the regional distributor, and is used for the regional dealer support programs.

MSRP50 State Emissions $0

6-Gallons of Gas $0

Bed Liner (Req. DSAT) $249

Carpet Mats $169

Daytime Running Lights $40

Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus $0

Final Quality Inspection Certified Technician 46 Point Picture Asset Program

Toyoguard Plus Protection Group $699

Roadside Assistance Program No Charge for First Oil and Filter Change at any Southeast Toyota Dealership

Vehicle VIN Etch Glass Product Protection Program

Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Interior Protection Application

Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs

18 MPG Highway
14 MPG City

Mechanical18" Alloy Wheels w/P275/65R18 Tires
381HP/401 Lb-Ft 5.7L DOHC 32V V8 w/VVT-i
6-Spd Auto w/Seq Shift and Tow/Haul Mode
Automatic Limited Slip Diff (Auto LSD)
Coil Over Shock Double A-Arm Front Susp
Engine Immobilizer, Cruise Control
Front and Rear Sonar
GVWR = 7000 lbs. Payload = 1585 lbs.
Multi-Leaf Trapezoidal Rear Suspension
Tow Equip/Capacity: Tow Cap=10,400 lbs. Hitch Receiver, Supp A/T Cooler, 4.30 Rear Diff w/10.5" Ring Gear, 150A Alternator, A/T Temp Gauge, 7 Pin Conn, Trailer Brake Controller Prewire
TripleTech Frame: Fully-boxed Fr Section Reinforced C Under Cab, Open C Under Bed SafetyDr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbags/Seat Side Airbags/3 pt Seatbelts w/Pretensioners & Force Limiters
Roll-Sensing Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
STAR Safety: Pwr Assist 4 Wheel Disc ABS w/Electronic Brakeforce Distrib (EBD), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control with Traction Control (VSC+TRAC)
Tire Pressure monitoring System Comfort/ConvenienceAutomatic Dual Zone Climate Control
JBL AM/FM 6-CD, 12 Spkrs, Aux Audio Jack w/Steering Wheel Audio Cntrls, Bluetooth
Leather Trim Pwr Heated Front Buckets
Power Windows/Door Locks/Mirrors
Pwr Memory Seats/Outside Mirrs/Strng Whl
Remote Keyless & Anti-Theft Alarm System
Slide and Recline 60/40 Rear Bench Seat ExteriorChrome Grille/Door Handles/Outer Mirrors
Color-keyed Fr/Chrome Rr Bumper
Deck Rail System w/4 Adj Tie-Down Cleats
Double-Walled Bed w/Tailgate Assist
Fog lamps
Pwr Vertical Rr Window w/Privacy Glass *

This price does not include any options that may have been installed at the dealership. Please contact your local dealer for details.There may be other dealer preparation or service fees not shown above that are charged by the dealer, which represents costs and profit to dealer for items such as cleaning, inspecting, adjusting vehicles and preparing documents related to the sale. Please see your dealer for details.Selection of Incentive or Special APR may affect final selling price.Specifications, standard features and available equipment are based upon information available at the time of posting, are subject to change without notice.

Warranty InfoToyota's Limited Warranty Provides 36 mo/36,000 mileComprehensive coverage, 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain coverage, plus 5 year body panel corrosion perforation warranty.

See owner's guide for details.36 mo/36,000 mile limited warranty on all Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC installed options.An extend service contract may be available for this vehicle.Ask dealer for details.

Is the economy so bad that this dealership can offer me a 41K for about 31K, or is this dealership full of smoke and mirrors. What do you all think about this price? Should I pull the trigger on it, or wait till November to determine if I can get more savings(because Toyotathon is in November).

I even have another dealer that is offering the same truck for $31344.00 with a $500 deposit because its a locate vehicle, but by far the $30,995 is the best price so far.

by the way this is my first post, this site is great, and im looing forward to reading your responses! Thanks

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
That's a real offer, just don't expect any special financing rates, etc. The trick is you're not getting anything besides the customer cash.

The taxes look really low - do you live in a sales-tax free state? If not, keep in mind you're going to need to pay more sales tax when you register.

By the way, chances are the other dealer "locate" is the same truck you're trying to buy.

·
Registered
742 Posts
North Carolina has a maximum tax of $300 on vehicles. Its a VERY good deal that you have. Finding a black Crew Max isn't easy and if that's what you want, take it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks. I will most definetly jump on this vehicle. I want to be able to put about 5K down on it, so I need a couple more weeks for that. I hope the deal is still good once I get ready to buy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of dealer tricks/scams should I expect when I get ready to buy? From what I have been reading on other sites, the dealer likes to add on stuff to make you pay more. Have any of you experienced this kind of treatment firsthand?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You might be better off with the dealer that has located it if the doc fees are less and show them the other offer. A $500 doc fee is kind of high.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I worked in dealerships for a long time. The doc fee does seem high, but I would guess that the other dealers in your area charge the same amount (or nearly the same). That's usually how that sort of thing works.

If I were in your shoes, my only concern would be that the dealer either 1) sells the truck to someone else or 2) loses the incentives they need to guarantee your price.

Considering how crazy things are right now, neither one of those things is likely to happen. Still, it's always possible.

Might I suggest that you give the dealership a "hold check" for $5k and do the deal now? That way you don't have to worry about this deal changing and/or blowing up.

As for "tricks", most of the tricks are in the finance and insurance office. Here's a good list of tips for dealing with the F&I guy:

Financing at your local dealership: Tips and Tricks For Saving Money | Accurate Auto Advice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I worked in dealerships for a long time. The doc fee does seem high, but I would guess that the other dealers in your area charge the same amount (or nearly the same). That's usually how that sort of thing works.

If I were in your shoes, my only concern would be that the dealer either 1) sells the truck to someone else or 2) loses the incentives they need to guarantee your price.

Considering how crazy things are right now, neither one of those things is likely to happen. Still, it's always possible.

Might I suggest that you give the dealership a "hold check" for $5k and do the deal now? That way you don't have to worry about this deal changing and/or blowing up.

As for "tricks", most of the tricks are in the finance and insurance office. Here's a good list of tips for dealing with the F&I guy:

Financing at your local dealership: Tips and Tricks For Saving Money | Accurate Auto Advice
Great article!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts