Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just had my local dealership replace my airbags as per recall, and they've kept the vehicle for a week. After a bit of prying from me as to why it's taking so long, they told me that the car won't start, and that they tested everything, and they're 'stumped'. Is it possible that they triggered some sensor, and that the 'airbag deployed' signal was set, thus disabling the car from starting?

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
44 Posts
This is a one hour recall job. I would get on the horn with Toyota and have some words about the dealership. Can't believe they have had your rig for a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a one hour recall job. I would get on the horn with Toyota and have some words about the dealership. Can't believe they have had your rig for a week.
Yeah, I'm somewhat frustrated - when I asked them if they scanned the ECU for any failure codes the reply was "we're not really set up for that".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, mystery solved - there was a wire that was damaged during the airbag installation:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, mystery solved - there was a wire that was damaged during the airbag installation:)
Strange. I had mine on on my 06 Tundra. Drove home fine. Next day, the alternator shorted out and almost fried my new battery. I'd like to think just a coincidence, but...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange. I had mine on on my 06 Tundra. Drove home fine. Next day, the alternator shorted out and almost fried my new battery. I'd like to think just a coincidence, but...
... but probably not : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts