Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides me considering debadging? I have the double cab limited slate and I am seriously considering debadging. I am also wondering about a grill that does not have the Toyota emblem if one is available. I've got the 20"
wheels and had a stainless custom Borla dual exhaust installed with both pipes at a 45 degree swept behind the passenger rear tire. I am thinking the debadge will turn even more heads trying to figure out what just blew by them. I did have the 20% tint done on the front side windows and the debadge should be the final icing on the cake.

Then a good coat of detail wax should really set it off.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Anyone besides me considering debadging? I have the double cab limited slate and I am seriously considering debadging. I am also wondering about a grill that does not have the Toyota emblem if one is available. I've got the 20"
wheels and had a stainless custom Borla dual exhaust installed with both pipes at a 45 degree swept behind the passenger rear tire. I am thinking the debadge will turn even more heads trying to figure out what just blew by them. I did have the 20% tint done on the front side windows and the debadge should be the final icing on the cake.

Then a good coat of detail wax should really set it off.
i just took off the iforce v8 badge

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hair dryer and floss? I'm thinking about removing all except the "limited" so people know I owe my soul to my credi union.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hair dryer and floss? I'm thinking about removing all except the "limited" so people know I owe my soul to my credi union.
Im almost done debadging, still need to do the rear. I thought about not taking off the limited badge but if sombody really knows their sh**, they will know that it is a limited by the color keyed bumpers & mirrors.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i kind of like the badges......
every chevy and dodge guy stare at the 5.7 badge and must wonder because there are still not a lot of tundras around here yet.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine. Have three "TUNDRA"'s left (both doors and the tailgate). Heat gun + goo gone + a little fishing line...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did you get the Borla exhuast? I have been checking their website almost routinely but to no avail. I'd love to have Borla on my 5.7. Can you provide me with some details? Price, if you don't mind? Is it the full exhaust system for it? Anything else I missed?

Also, on the debadging process here is a nice link that should be able to help you:

Video - debadgeing a wrx sti

-rockstate
The Borla cat back bolt on for the 5.7 is available (part #140239) and lists for $1239.99. However a custom exhaust shop is the answer. They custom bent the ss tubing and all was welded on. The trick is to find a reputable shop that does stainless 2.50" mandrel bends. I was fortunate to have a custom shop that specializes in nothing but custom work. They do not do the run of the mill stuff. They do alot of street rods, Vettes and Harleys, etc. Total cost was $465.00 which was his cost for the muffler and pipe/tips but the owner is a friend of mine and he wanted to help me in my quest to customize my truck.
It will add up with grilled steaks and beer next weekend on me.

Any custom shop price should be cheaper than buying the bolt on. Good Luck and thanks for the advice on the badges.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd like to know how many people took off their TRD stickers when they were debadging. I like the debadged look.

I had the dealership remove the TRD stickers and I removed the rest. It gives the truck cleaner lines and easer to wax etc. Plus with the 5.7 badge removed the truck is a bit of a sleeper....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I'd like to know how many people took off their TRD stickers when they were debadging. I like the debadged look.
That was the first thing I did when I got home before I started my detail was to remove that TRD sticker. I really like the look of the bed without it there.

As to someones question, you can debadge with round waxed dental floss and use a hair dryer for stubborn pin stripes or TRD stickers.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I don't get what the big deal is with debadging myself, but, hey, its your truck, you can do what you want with it! What bothers me more are the "stickers" or custom dealership badges that go on the truck... I would love to take all of those off for sure! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
The reason I asked was because there was a poster about a week or two ago who took off their TRD sticker and the sticker had left some discoloration on his Salsa Red truck. He ended up buffing it almost all the way out, but there was some suggestion that the sticker might have been under a layer of the clear coat.

Would be funny to put the 4.7 badge on and race people. When you beat them, tell them the 5.7 is a lot faster.

I'll do you one better............put the V-6 badge on..........

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Once I can actually take delivery of mine, I will be doing the debadge routine myself. Did it to a Subaru Forester XT I had in '04, and smoked a ton of guys with that wagon. Fun!
Clean lines and sleeper cars/trucks are great.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once I can actually take delivery of mine, I will be doing the debadge routine myself. Did it to a Subaru Forester XT I had in '04, and smoked a ton of guys with that wagon. Fun!
Clean lines and sleeper cars/trucks are great.

I'm starting with the 5.7 badge tomorow. With a limited it looks kind of gaudy compared to the rest of the badging. I will also do the entire tail gate tomorrow as well, then decide on the side Tundra and the Limited.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Patience is the key..Hair Dryer & Fishing Line.. A little Ispropyl Alcohol.. And your golden..I recommend waxing the area afterwards.:cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Patience is the key..Hair Dryer & Fishing Line.. A little Ispropyl Alcohol.. And your golden..I recommend waxing the area afterwards.:cool:

Held the hair dryer on it for about 1 minute, then used dental floss and the engine badges came off very easily. The adhesive balled up under my thumb and came off easy as well. I decided to go ahead and put a coat of Meguires NXT paste wax on the entire truck. The slate now looks like a metallic mirror.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts