Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen this word used in another forum members signature and was wondering how to safely remove all the factory badges on a Tacoma. I even heard of taking the unsightly decals off of the sunvisors. On my old truck my neighbor used a hammer and a screwdriver :eek: , and I don't really want to gamble like that again.:ts:

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the decals are attached with adhesive, use a relatively high test length of fishing line or even dental floss. You can saw it back and forth between the decal and the paint. Once the decal is off, use an adhesive remover (pick some up at an auto parts store). Trick is to let the adhesive remove do its job; get it real wet and let it sit. Dont use a lot of rubbing force, it will scratch the pait.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I removed all the decals off my old sequoia with dental floss and WD-40. It works really well...just let the WD-40 sit in and soak in. When they are all off just use goo-gone to get rid of whatever is left.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I got all the "badging" off the outside (just got a little adhesive left to get off tommorrow) - now any tips on the sun visor stickers?

BTW - thanks for all the help -the fishing line worked great (unheated). After the hard badging was off, the leftover adhesive just rolled off with my fingers!!!:tu:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wouldn't mind knowing how to get the visor stickers off too....

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hair dryer and fishing line...

·
Registered
355 Posts
the visor stickers are a PITA from what I recall some people saying...on all vehicles...it might be better to stay away from doing that just because more than likely you will get a lot of fuzz and not so much of a nice look...I can't recall where a tutorial is for doing it, but google can probably tell you

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have heard that people have had luck with ironing them off. the steam loosens the adhesive and the lable peels off. I would recomend that you test this theroy before going gungho...

·
Registered
34 Posts
the best way to get them off i believe has to be a heat gun, i used a heat gun to get all the embelems on the back and sides off, even took off the trd offroad sticker, the heat melts them off and the glue is easy to get off when its heated.:tu:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:mad: Well one thing I can tell y'all about the visor warning stickers...Don't just try and peel them off!!! Like a dumba$$ I tried to peel the one off of the drivers side ( the side that shows ) and it came off horrible!!!!! Left a bunch of residue on the fabric, etc.

By the way - does anybody know if it's possible to get a replacement warning sticker to cover up the mess I've created???:td:

Thanks - Andrew Boggs

·
Registered
18 Posts
just use a heat gun and a towel to pull them off because they get hot. I've done numerous cars and trucks this way and seems to work the best, most of the time the adhesive on the back will come off with the emblems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used the wet towel iron method. There were 3 stickers and three results. The one you see when folded up on the drivers side removed perfectly, no trace. The one you see when folded up on the passenger side left an indent with a faint flattening of the fabric, it was uniform and does look much better than the baby being decapitated. The one drivers side seen when folded out for sun turned out a little ugly, uniform but the glue left a hazy white spot were the sticker was. I was happy with my results but I think this is playing with fire. P.S. that heat gun thing sounds dangerous, I would stay away from that like the plague.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts