Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally did it, and I think these badges glue was harder to remove than my cherokee ones. I started at work were I had accecss to a heat gun, kindda sweet to get paid to do this. I tried out (GOOGONE) to remove the rest of the glue, that seemed to work a bit, minus the real stubborn parts, then I found my finger and nail worked best for that. After just over a hour and some sore *** fingers I was debaged, here comes the buffing. My dad let me borrow his orbital style buffer and that worked awsome. It took me about 4 hours to do this with the help af 7 beers and B.S.ing with my buddy that has a Taco with a 3" body, and brand new toytec ultimat lift that I recommded and he loves, and I fell I need to buff it once more. Overall I never though my truck could look this shiny for a 10 year old truck. The last pic if a truck that lives a half a block away and was my inspiration befor TS to lift my truck. I think he has a 4-5" tuff country?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Looks good. I just did the same to mine and was going to paint the emblems black and put them back on, but then I decided I love the clean look and left them off.

Damn, I need a real lift now. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really want to do the same to mine. I understand that the badges on the passenger and driver side are just glued on correct? What about the badges on the tail gate? I didnt want to try and take them off and realize that they have screws and have to worry about filling them in haha! Thanks, looks great!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Coudreaux18, none of the badges had screw holes. I took off all of them on mine, the door ones, the limited badges by the rear window, the tailgate. Just make sure to be patient.

Chudlles, amen on the SORE A$$ fingers. I think I no longer have fingerprints.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had left the iforceV8 and the 4WD on my tailgate when I debadged 7 years ago, not a few days after I took the truck home, and just this past Sunday, took them off. The tailgate looks so much better with them gone and my truck is silver-sky metallic.

I had some Yellow and Black TRD decals made up that were a bit smaller than the stock TRD-OffRoad decals that come stock and I took them off too. Truck looks the best naked. I even ditched the V8 in the front grill so the only thing left for identification is the Bull-Horns on the front grill. NICE!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks real good! I did this to my rig about 3 years ago. Although I still have some haloing where the limited badges were. I ended up putting the iforcev8 and 4wd badges back on the tailgate but reversed them. So the iforce is on the left side now and the 4wd on the right.
You can actually get black (more like a black chrome) badge set from some of the limited Sequoias. Call your local u pull it to see if they have one in the yard and take some goof off and some 25 lb fishing line to the yard and get the badges for probably nothing more than the yard admission fee.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I love the look of the truck now, it just looks so much cleaner now. I just need to find a set of fender flares and get rid of my crome trim ones.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Truck looks nice and clean, especially for 2000! Welcome to the 2000 Club!

I debadged many years ago, but, I did pick up a 2002 IforceV8 badge and
installed on right rear of tailgate, just for the curious, when they follow me:D

I agree, I think some flares to replace the chrome strips, would look good
on the ride. You can go aftermarket, or even the TRD flares, depending
on cost you can find them for.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
then I found my finger and nail worked best for that. After just over a hour and some sore *** fingers I was debaged,

hahah I know the feeling....I had huge blisters on 2 of my fingers from rubbing too hard. :D After that I used an eraser and it took it off fine, then a little rubbing compound / buffing finished it off.

Your Tundra looks nice!! :tu:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Truck looks nice and clean, especially for 2000! Welcome to the 2000 Club!

I debadged many years ago, but, I did pick up a 2002 IforceV8 badge and
installed on right rear of tailgate, just for the curious, when they follow me:D

I agree, I think some flares to replace the chrome strips, would look good
on the ride. You can go aftermarket, or even the TRD flares, depending
on cost you can find them for.
Tanks Jbtoy, I thought it came out real nice too considering my truck has over 144000 miles on it, and I really like your truck, its gotta be one of the cleanest iv seen around. And im hoping to get a set of the TRD flares from an autowrecker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts