Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a dealer that would build the truck that I want. You have no idea how many I have talked to that are trying to talk me into something they already have on their lot. I am not interested but in what I want and I am more than willing to wait.

Here is what we want.

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7 Lt. 2 Wheel Drive

Includes all standard options plus:

AM/FM radio with 6 disc CD changer

Console Shifter, trip computer and center console box

Windshield wiper de-icer grid and timer

Mudguards front and rear

Power tilt/slide sunroof

Auto dimming mirror

Cloth bucket seats

They are going to add the lumbar support @ the dealership.

According to them list price is $32,920.

Their selling price is $31,382.00

From what I have been able to gather they are about $1200 high. I cannot see that price and since I am ordering they are not adding in the rebate since it may or may not be in play @ that time.

So what do you think? Deal or no deal??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Finally found a dealer that would build the truck that I want. You have no idea how many I have talked to that are trying to talk me into something they already have on their lot. I am not interested but in what I want and I am more than willing to wait.

Here is what we want.

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7 Lt. 2 Wheel Drive

Includes all standard options plus:

AM/FM radio with 6 disc CD changer

Console Shifter, trip computer and center console box

Windshield wiper de-icer grid and timer

Mudguards front and rear

Power tilt/slide sunroof

Auto dimming mirror

Cloth bucket seats

They are going to add the lumbar support @ the dealership.

According to them list price is $32,920.

Their selling price is $31,382.00

From what I have been able to gather they are about $1200 high. I cannot see that price and since I am ordering they are not adding in the rebate since it may or may not be in play @ that time.

So what do you think? Deal or no deal??
FIRST - go to Edmunds.com and calculate the invoice and MSRP for yourself. Sounds like you're trusting the dealer for this info, which might or might not be a mistake.

Around Baltimore, some dealers are starting to get closer to invoice with their "internet" pricing - but definitely not all. Lots still asking MSRP or MSRP - $1000. CrewMax are still relatively rare, so I doubt you're going to get it for close to invoice yet. Once CrewMax inventory increases, this might be possible.

BUT - once again, get the numbers FOR YOURSELF, know MSRP, INVOICE and THEN you can decide on your own whether you think you're getting a good deal or not.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I believe that the console shifter only comes with the bench seat, and the bucket seats means you get the shifter in the center. And also you have listed SR5 and Lt. Is that Lt. meaning Liter? Or Limited? You can only get one or the other...... SR5 or Limited. But I'm guessing you meant Liter.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I thought it was a great deal until I noticed that it is 2WD. Still seems like a pretty good deal though... I think? Do your research and check more than one Toyota Dealer.

In my latest experience I went to Dealer 1) and got a bad price on trade, plus the salesman told me I had to pay sticker (DC not CrewMax). Told him to get bent. Went to Dealer 2) and got $3K more for trade and $2800 off sticker. Since the trucks were similar I saved $5.8K to drive 15 minutes to the dealer I purchased at.

I vowed to never again purchase a full size pickup in 2WD. Had an 05 and horrible in snow and even in mud almost getting me stuck like I had a car. You are sure you do not need 4WD?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I went to college in TN (First ETSU in Johnson City, TN then to Knox"vulle"). I remember some of those snow storms and Johnson City would close down for a week. No power and lived off kerosene heater.

Oh how I fondly remember the pounding we took in 93. Started the weekend of Spring Break too.

It was around that time I met Kenny Chesney drinking pitchers at Poor Richards there. Doing local gigs at Chuckies trading post on the Nolichucky river. I still tell people I knew him when he was a peon wearing sweatpants and glasses with a bald head (through a mutual friend) and people are like yeah right. Guess I should have gotten to know him a little better... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts