Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Devin and Jetes feedback:ts: , I think I have reached a state of inner peace in my search for the right lift. :) Now I thought I'd throw myself back to the forum for any additional feedback before I bite the bullet and schedule the install.

I decided on the following setup:

Camburg 2.5 Coilovers w/ Dirtbagz
Camburg UCA's
Camburg Swaybar
Deaver Rear Spring Packs
Bilstein Rear shocks
All installed by Camburg and aligned there as well

I decided on this for two reasons. 1) The company is local (1.5 hour drive) so it won't kill me to drop my truck off there 2) The feedback I get is that both the Camburg and TC will ride great, and I can fit 33's with minimal rubbing.

I'm planning on running 285/70R17 BFG Mudders on my stock wheels. Does anyone know if this will be a probelm or should I spring for new 16" rims.

Also, if I get a lot of feedback tell me to got Bill instead, I will. It sounds like he's in the Valley but his number starts with 714. Can someone confirm this? Also, he sounds like a Tundra guy and I have a Tacoma.

By the way I talked to Drew at Camburg and he had no idea bout a TS discount and that Scott handles that stuff. Any experience?

I know this subject has beaten to death a million times over but don't you ever feel like doing a search get's you threads that are close to what you need, but not quite perfect?:devil:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks to Devin and Jetes feedback:ts: , I think I have reached a state of inner peace in my search for the right lift. :) Now I thought I'd throw myself back to the forum for any additional feedback before I bite the bullet and schedule the install.

I decided on the following setup:

Camburg 2.5 Coilovers w/ Dirtbagz
Camburg UCA's
Camburg Swaybar
Deaver Rear Spring Packs
Bilstein Rear shocks
All installed by Camburg and aligned there as well

I decided on this for two reasons. 1) The company is local (1.5 hour drive) so it won't kill me to drop my truck off there 2) The feedback I get is that both the Camburg and TC will ride great, and I can fit 33's with minimal rubbing.

I'm planning on running 285/70R17 BFG Mudders on my stock wheels. Does anyone know if this will be a probelm or should I spring for new 16" rims.

Also, if I get a lot of feedback tell me to got Bill instead, I will. It sounds like he's in the Valley but his number starts with 714. Can someone confirm this? Also, he sounds like a Tundra guy and I have a Tacoma.

By the way I talked to Drew at Camburg and he had no idea bout a TS discount and that Scott handles that stuff. Any experience?

I know this subject has beaten to death a million times over but don't you ever feel like doing a search get's you threads that are close to what you need, but not quite perfect?:devil:
sounds like a plan! i dont know about the wheels and tire fitment. but i believe you will need wheels due to backspacing. someone else will know as i dont really know on the fitment using 17" wheels.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Camburg makes swaybars?
Congrats on the decision, if you aren't installing it yourself, Camburg is the best place to get it done

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah Camburg has great products and customer service. I usually deal with Scott. Are you paying cash? If so ask for a cash deal. When I had my l/t installed I got a smokin deal. I wont give you the details of it but it was significant.

·
Registered
859 Posts
What is the point to a camburg sway bar over stock? Quick disconects?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure. When I make the appointment I'll do a full review of the lift and tell you if I get the sway bar or not. It'll have to wait until later though, I just burned through a ton of cash in Cuba and need to save up for my wedding this fall. It sucks growing up. I think about how I used to dump all of my disposable income into my vehicle in my early twenties and now I have like.....responsibilities. Lame.:cry:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Swaybar...

they should include that swaybar as part of the package, it's the same diameter as stock. You have to replace the stock swaybar with this one to clearance the coilover on the 05-07 Tacomas.

When I ordered my Sway-Away coilovers, they included the swaybar, it's part of the package.

Sway-Away and Camburg coilovers are identical for the new Tacomas....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts