Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Tundra has always been loud and fast. Lately, I have notice it struggles especially on uphills. Truck has 150k miles, K&N Air Intake, new spark plugs, O2 sensors. Not sure what is wrong. Any though??

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
try running a higher octane and see if it makes a difference but the winter gas is a bit terrible on performance.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,565 Posts
Clean the MAF and the throttle body, and run a can of SeaFoam through the tank.

Also, check the condition of the parking brake bellcranks. These can seize up and really drag a vehicle down.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wat oil r u using? I have 180k on my tundra it seems like it runs the same. I use mobile1 gold extended performance full synthetic, I would use that if u don't already & seafoam will help also. Does the k&n nd a recharge kit? If so I would try to get a dry flow filter. My buddy has the same as u then switched to dry flow n says he gets better performance. Injectors probably could use a cleaning also. I run octane boost to make thing stay as clean as possible n every 3-5 tank fulls I use injector cleaner. Everything I listed will = better performance I promise. Good luck

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
606 Posts
Assuming that your tune level is good, I would say that your fuel system needs some cleaning, along with your air filter, MAF and throtlle body. If there is some carbon build-up in the combustion chamber and intake valves, then higher octane fuel might help. If you can afford it, a B&G fuel system professional cleaning would definately get things right in a hurry. A Seafoam DIY cleaning should help too, but is limited in its capabilities on a seriously fouled system. It is inexpensive therapy and is safe if you're careful.

This is what I use in my 2000 Tundra every 1000 miles and my truck loves it:

Item # 2300, L-X® Heavy Duty Chemical Supplement 2300 on Lubrication Engineers, Inc.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts