Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hit a deer? I had the experience Thursday 4:30 AM and much to my surprise my 2002 Tundra with 150K held up good. The front had a chrome Brush Grill Guard that saved the day hitting a large Doe @ 50mph while towing my boat to the boat ramp. Drove my Tundra home after crabbing and to the body shop for a new front bumper and right front fender. Anyone who is up and about early countryside may want to consider one for protection. :doh:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think your picture never loaded..... I have hit one, but luckily the deer tripped or something and went right in between my wheels and hit the front skid plate underneath, so no damage done, just deer parts here and there. Good to hear nothing else happened to your truck.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I did hit a small deer myself at about 45 mph and the "bull bar" in the front took the brunt of the hit as well. Lucky he wasn't jumping at the time I got him as those things reach the same height as the windshield easily. In which case, the deer ends up sitting on your passenger seat and/or on your lap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the insurance company has said a little over $3k for Bumper, Grill Guard, Right Bumper Mounts, Fender, Fog Light, and Turn Signal. I was thinking of doing the ARB however I am concerned about the front suspension. In any case I'm just glad to still have my nice 150K+ truck. I'll try and post some pic's when its done.:amen:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Took one out at 25mph. Jumped into the side of my truck of all things.

He got me for a right front headlight, turn signal, fender, missed both doors, then dented the hell out of my bed. 8k later my truck looked brand new again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts