Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a short tube Defiant light bar on my 04 DCAB and was hoping to get some oppinions on which KC lights to run. I wanted to get the Defiant bar to hold 3 lights. I also wanted to just go with the old school chrome KC lights, but have no idea which ones to get. I don't off road my rig, so I think it might be a waste of money to get the off road lights. I was even thinking about getting two driving lights on each end and then one off road light in the middle? Any oppinions on that? Also how easy is it to hook up three lights. I don't do electrical, but if the job is pretty easy (hook to battery, ground it and run the wires to a relay.. i'm pretty confidant I can do that. Just need some help on this!! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
The problem with three is that most of the time the kc lights come in pairs so you have to spend the money and buy two pairs of lights, which would be a little expensive. For what your talking about i would get there daylighters, which is a good all around light.

i have a pair of the long range slim lights on my tundra which are pretty direct beam for reaching out there and on my work truck i have a pair of the big chrome off road lights which are extremely bright but still pretty focused.

the wiring is pretty simple just like you said a switch with power from inside the truck, power from battery, a ground, wire to lights and a relay. my slim lights came with a nice waterproof connectors while the off road lights came with cheasy splice connectors, either way still easy to install. good luck.

Andrew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts