Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw the defiant light bar on a members DC tundra and it looks awsome. Exactly what ive been looking for. Does anybody know if it will be available for 2000+ tundras?
thanks-
Sam

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, thats what i saw a while back. but that bar is only for 2004 and up tundras. I was wondering if there is a bar for 2000+ tundras being designed right now or what?
thanks-
Sam

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ya, I believe Paul @ Defiant is working on that. You might want to give him a call and see.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
If you had read through the entire thread, you would have noted that we have been working to get the other Tundras through the shop for a test fit. I have a 2003 AC and my light bar is on a Fed Ex truck right now. Give Paul a call and see if a 2000 has come through. The bar bolts to a flange on the side of the frame, so I bet that same flange is on the 2000.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I only got two tabs. I got the statement today, but no lightbar. I still need to get some lights. I torn between some PIAA's and some Hellas. I paid a little extra to get the bar powder coated silver to match my truck. If you have some recommendations on good lights, I'll listen.

·
Registered
919 Posts
PIAA'S & Hella's are both great lights. Once you step into HID territory there's alot more options though.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I got the bar today and it's almost exactly the color of my truck (silver). It looks great. The fit/finish are perfect. I gotta get those lights...PIAA's are pretty expensive. The Black Magic's look good.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
ive heard some good things about the IPF 968's anybody know anything about them?
I Googled the IPF's and they look like a good light too. Do you know if they can come as a kit with the lights and the harness, etc.? I must admit that I'm looking for ease of installation. Paul Fox at Defiant claims that the PIAA harness is the best from the installation stand point.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I Googled the IPF's and they look like a good light too. Do you know if they can come as a kit with the lights and the harness, etc.? I must admit that I'm looking for ease of installation. Paul Fox at Defiant claims that the PIAA harness is the best from the installation stand point.

Yeah the PIAAs are nice, if you use a different foglight switch. That one they usually come with is kinda cheesy. Looks like a computer mouse...

Hellas were super easy also, and all the wires are wrapped with that black plastic tubing so it looks better. The harness was pretty much a no brainer. The hardest part is getting the three wires for the switch through the firewall, but with two people, its a snap.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Give a brother a break. I bought some PIAA 580's today after work. So now I have the bar and the lights. Now I need some time to get the thing mounted on the truck - kid stuff, etc. There should be a couple of pics in my gallery of the bar setting on the bed of my truck.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Yeah the PIAAs are nice, if you use a different foglight switch. That one they usually come with is kinda cheesy. Looks like a computer mouse...

Hellas were super easy also, and all the wires are wrapped with that black plastic tubing so it looks better. The harness was pretty much a no brainer. The hardest part is getting the three wires for the switch through the firewall, but with two people, its a snap.
Did you utilize a Toyota switch in one of the dummy holes? If so, how do you get those little covers out of the dash?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you utilize a Toyota switch in one of the dummy holes? If so, how do you get those little covers out of the dash?
Yeah, I first used the switch that came with the Hella kit, but then I bought a Toyota switch that fits perfect in the rectangular dummy plug just to the left of the steering column. See the other Defiant lightbar posts for more detail. To take it out, (at least on my 05)all you have to do is remove the plastic piece that houses all the switches on that particular panel, and then push it out from the inside.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts