Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have searched quite extensively however I have not been able to come up with a way to:

Install Aftermarket head unit
Bypass JBL amp
Use stock JBL speakers
Add subwoofers

I have the jbl 8 speaker setup first things first I would like to be able to Install a headunit and bypass the amp using the stock speakers. Do I need to install the deck and run 8 wires to the back where the amp is? Or do I need to run wires individually to each speaker?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Good question. I want to use a aftermarket HU, replace the speakers and add a sub. Im thinking i will run individual speaker wires from the HU to the speakers, and run a set of preamps to a monoamp to power a 10" sub that will hopefully go in the storage unit, with a little cutting. comes out to about 450 not including a box

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you found the correct pinouts?

Is there a way to tap the wires back where the amp is?

·
Registered
17 Posts
you can use that harness if not then your going to have to find the factory amp and plug the two plugs and cut the harness off and match the wires but the color will be different...all your doing is looping the singal back up to the radio...:tu:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm.

Lets say I did use the harness, is there any issue with the head unit powering the speakers? I wonder what ohm load the head unit would see.

I really just want to keep it simple with a deck, stock speakers and the addition of a ED slimline ten plus 1 amp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know of any place cheaper to purchase this harness?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just ordered this Metra TYTO-01 harness from CircuitCity.com for $79.99 if anyone is still interested. It came today, and Metra confirmed that it will work with the Toyota Tacoma with JBL, even though it isn't listed on the instruction sheet. My new pioneer head-unit (with goodies) hasn't arrived from Crutchfield yet, so I haven't pulled off the install yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just ordered this Metra TYTO-01 harness from CircuitCity.com for $79.99 if anyone is still interested. It came today, and Metra confirmed that it will work with the Toyota Tacoma with JBL, even though it isn't listed on the instruction sheet. My new pioneer head-unit (with goodies) hasn't arrived from Crutchfield yet, so I haven't pulled off the install yet.

Any up dates?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep, harness works great. I installed the D3 last Friday night. Check out my post here for a pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts