Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I learned my lesson about 3 years ago when I was stopped at a red light. I was rear ended by a full size Chevy van doing about 30mph. Minor damage to my vehicle, his had to be towed because the grill was shoved into his radiator and puking coolant on the ground. My wife and I both had minor whiplash, but didn't go to the hospital. Less than 1/2 hour after we got home his insurance company was on the phone wanting to settle because we were uninjured and our car was still driveable. Our insurance company was of no help because it wasn't our fault, and after many phone calls with the other insurance company they agreed to pay the $600 for rear bumper damage to our car, pay for a rental car for 1 week, and gave us both $1000 for our "inconvenience".

If that ever happens again my first phone call will be to one of those lawyers...."Been in a wreck, you deserve a check guys". NEVER try to negotiate with the other guys insurance company, you'll lose every time. Suggest you do the same. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go see an attorney about your back and concussion. I fought progressive for a long time after one of their drives rear-ended me. I ended up getting a lawyer after months of run-arounds and in no time at all, instead of the 8K they would have paid for my medical bills - it was tens of thousands. Still never completely whole but I learned to not mess around. the lawyer will take 30% of the settlement but being a settlement, it is damages and not income. won't help your back and concussion but it will help you be financially whole. that's all I got.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts