Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few of us are gonna get out and do some wheeling this weekend:

Saturday:
is still kind of open. but thinking about Carnage in Boulder.

Sunday:
meeting at Lookout Mnt. exit @ 10am running (or try to) Argentine Pass,

heres a link to the planning Denver Sunday 6th - YotaTech Forums

·
Registered
165 Posts
Awesome, Thanks for posting teamp, I will try to be there

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a problem, just glad I remembered to check this board. and very glad that your gonna try to make it :tu:

if ya want to run something on sat. let me know, but it will have to be after noon

·
Registered
165 Posts
I actually have that whole day off, What do you have in mind?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was thinking about running Carnage in Boulder on sat. afternoon, hopfully by that time, most of the big groups should be done, or close to.
I need to take "poser" shots and send them to ToyTec Lifts.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
...you guys really think the trail will be clear enough of snow? even at low altitude there are still substantial drifts in places. ben you and james missed it i think but even at ironclads there was a massive unbashed drift, i was sitting on the belly skid...and it ran a ways down the trail. bring a strap, bet youre gonna need it! weather is not supposed to be good either.

i'll be wrenching like mad friday and saturday, hopefully get an alignment and maybe be wheeling sunday...

old chinamans gulch is open, i'm itching to hit that...down in BV next to Carnage.

we'll see how far i get on teh truck, i'll be there if i can.

-sean

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we will find something worth wheeling :D Argentine, Cacade Creek, Yankee Hill, something, anything, lol
hope you can make it...

we will diffenatly be hittin BV area this yea, hopefully alot. just a long drive for a day trip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got a call from someone that works in Evergreen, it snowed most of the day yesterday. looks like we are going to give in to Mothernature, :cry:
we will try next weekend. :tu:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, Just wondering if you guys ever get to the Springs area? My trailing buddy left and i do not know anyone else here yet! I don't like to drive too far but almost anything is better then nothing. All I have ever done is the Modano at the dunes down south. Anything else close around here?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mranderson25,
we dont get down south to much, we generally do trails up this way, or in the front range area, and in the Beuna Vista area.
I only know of about two trails inb the Co.Springs area. we may hit them sometime this summer, not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Winding Stairs, Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap are the only particularly difficult trails down there, but there are a lot of other, easier, scenic ones.

Not sure what's going on first weekend of June down there but I was thinking about making the run from Sunrise through some of the Forest roads off FS109 (Switzerland Trail), then up Pennsylvania Gulch to Ironclads and the T-33 crash site, off Bunce School Road if people would be interested. It's not a hard run, Penn Gulch at most is about a 5, Ironclads will be a little harder for a stock rig, same with the crash site. Last time there was a lot of snow, it's gone now so the route is runnable.

FS 235 and 211B aren't difficult, just steep, loose, rocky, rutted and narrow but I figured it would be interesting to run from Sunrise up FS235, then down Switzerland and 211B via the old miner's cabin, head up Penn to HW72 and over to Ironclads from there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Monday may 28th

dont know if anyone here would be wanting to hit a trail on monday, let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts