Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Mike who is the tech support manager for DiabloSport via pm.

J: Just wondering if you guys are still working on the Tundra platform. I own a 08 Tundra 5.7 and have been reading a lot about your company's product but most of my research ends with disheartening results. I know I speak for many Tundra owners who would love to utilize your product. Please update on your progress and it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time, Jeremy (Long Beach, Ca.)

M: Slowly but surely...it is going to take a lot of work, but we want to get it done.

J: I appreciate your quick response. Was it wishful reading or is there some validity to you guys just recently cracking "the code". Please debunk any rumors and if so...any time frame? Again I would like to thank you for your time and express my desire for this product. Thanks, Jeremy

M: Not sure where that came from, but no, its not cracked...not 100% anyhow

So the end result....the waiting game continues...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Damn that sucks. Maybe tell him to try and contact Jason Lambert over at TRD. He's the guy that did the reprogramming of the ECU for the supercharger and he may be able to offer them a few "tips" for a small fee. I'd love for the aftermarket tuning to open up for our trucks.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
:choir: Never gonna get it never gonna get it, never gonna get it never gonna get it....

sadly...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dang, by the time we see a programmer for the Tundra, there will either be marginal gains (i.e. URD or whatever it's called), or there'll be a new one... with Direct Injection and we'll have already upgraded.

Doubt they'll make one, unfortunately.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Suprise, suprise...they are too busy working on programmers for the 5.0, camaro, etc....

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Funny story: Yesterday I pulled up next to a 2008'ish Ram HEMI at a stoplight. When pulling up I noticed he had a "Diablo Sport" sticker on his back window. After I got his attention and he rolled down his window, I asked him how he liked his Diablo tuner. His response was "It sucks." I said, "really? I thought people were happy with them?" He replied "I don't know about everyone else, but this thing has been nothing but problems." I asked if he noticed any power gains and he said No. He also recommended I NOT get one. That was the end of the conversation, as the light turned green and we drove off. True story.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Yeep...you have to leave them alone for a while after they first come out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts