Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel dumb for asking this question but here goes....

I have a 2003 sidestep AC V8 Tundra with about 55,000 miles on it. Sometimes when I'm slowing down at about 10-20 mph or just speeding up from a stop (10-20 mph) I feel a slight tug on the truck. It's like if I had something in the bed of the truck and when I speed up it slides 8 inchs and bumps the tailgate. I initially thought it was the spare tire that was loose, but I checked that and its secure.

I was wondering if someone could help me diagnois this because I'm worried it might be something serious. I hope I don't have any major problems the thing is almost paid off!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Re: Diagnois my Tundra Issue

Lube driveshaft.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: Diagnois my Tundra Issue

I have had this problem as have many others. Apparently there is some play in the drive shaft and while it isn't much, when it slides that little amount it sometimes feels like you've been rear-ended or the truck lurches. That's what mine felt like.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine did not have it when it was new but at about 3k it started. Only under certain conditions, I could get it when slowing with the break on, letting off before stopping or just when taking my foot off the break from a complete stop.
Lubing the driveshaft takes care of it for a while. After my second scheduled service (10k) it has not returned and I'm at 14.5k now.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yeah, sounds like driveshaft. Get under the truck while its it park, or neutral with e-brake on. Then see how much paly is in the driveshaft. There should be very little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts