Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I haven't surfed this site in a while.

My daughter has a 2000 solara V6 which she has had problems with lately. She has had bad hesitation and rough idle when in a gear, but not noticeable when in park. I hooked the OBD II scanner up to the car and it reads P0303, which I have been able to find out it's a misfire on the #3 cylinder. I was told that the day before I hooked the scanner up that there was a "tune-up" done on the car in which all the spark plugs and wires were replaced, yet the problem still exists. I even replaced the spark plugs again myself to make sure that it wasn't the problem but I still get the hesitation. The only thing that I can figure is that the fuel system may be gummed up with deposits, so I just put in a fuel system cleaner. Unfortunately for me the fuel cleaner will take some time until I can tell if it's working or not.

The question is this....any ideas of what it could be if there is hesitation and the same code keeps popping up?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts