Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Remember... Toyota is ran by shareholders, customer demands and their marketing team, not their engineering team. If there is money to be made with a 8ft bed crew cab then Toyota will build it otherwise don't hold your breath. Also, a 8ft bed with a Crew Cab will require a longer frame, longer drive shaft and a few other modifications which will just add to the complexity of the assembly line.

Look at the Supra. It had poor sales and was killed, Celica was killed after 30 years, both MR2s killed, Cressida killed, Corolla GTS killed and many other cars from the 70's and 80's. Toyota sells cars to make profit by walking the fine line between customer and shareholder. I wonder how many more people would visit the Toyota section of the Autoshow if they had a 400hp Supra, or a 300hp Celica, or a 300hp MR2 or a 250hp Corolla GTS? When I went to the autoshow I only went to the Toyota section to check out the Tundra and that was it. Toyota is the richest car manufacturer in the world and it's not because of their engineering department.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.