Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a recall notice yesterday for my 05 Tundra. It is a safety recall for front suspension lower ball joint. Says the the joint my experience excessive wear and loosness. The dealer will replace the left and right front suspnesion lower ball joint.

My dealer say that it is a 4-5 hour job.

Did any one have such a problem?

Doug

·
Registered
256 Posts
Doug,
You might have better luck posting in the 1st Gen Tundra section. However, I have an '04 Sequoia...and we received the same notice. We took it into our dealer, and they took care of it. It was out of commission pretty much the entire day (partly due to them just being busy). It's a free warranty fix...

Best of luck,
Gary

·
Registered
215 Posts
Doug,
You might have better luck posting in the 1st Gen Tundra section. However, I have an '04 Sequoia...and we received the same notice. We took it into our dealer, and they took care of it. It was out of commission pretty much the entire day (partly due to them just being busy). It's a free warranty fix...

Best of luck,
Gary
Yeah, get out!;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got my recall notice last week and took it to the dealer. Took about 3hrs and they included a front end alignment.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Had mine done about a month ago and now my front tires a wearing on the outside tread (both sides) I need to go back and have them check it out.:mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doug,

Best of luck,
Gary
This is the 1st gen tundra forum, is it not?
I finaly got mine last week. make sure you ask for alignment

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got mine about a month ago but in the desert still so i havent been by Toyota. Did someone say that they will give you an alignment?

I got a recall notice yesterday for my 05 Tundra. It is a safety recall for front suspension lower ball joint. Says the the joint my experience excessive wear and loosness. The dealer will replace the left and right front suspnesion lower ball joint.

My dealer say that it is a 4-5 hour job.

Did any one have such a problem?

Doug

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got mine in last week and had them do the job this past friday. It took about 2+ hours including an oil change. Left real quick because I was interested in how it would drive and I had to pickup my wife and son for some shopping. Got her home and was loading my son into the 4runner and decided to do a walk around. :eek: Found that they had scuffed my front right bumper as if someone had scraped the corner of the building turning in:cry: . Called the dealership and thay told me to take it back and talk to the service manager. I told him what happened and he sent me back to their bodyshop and they offered to repaint the whole bumper but decided to try and buff it out first. To my amazement it buffed out as if it were'nt there:) . I was really glad that I didn't have to have it repainted. Great service and did not dispute it one bit. This isn't even the dealership I bought from which is about 8-10 miles further, but I think I will be doing business more often at this dealership. I don't have any complaints from the dealership I bought from though. Great service from YOKEM Toyota, bought from HARVEY Toyota.
MAKE SURE YOU DO A WALK AROUND BEFORE AND AFTER.
Also had time to look at the 07 DB and CM. Nice but I am glad I got my 06 DC. She doesn't fit in my garage so I know that big ol'e 07 would be a no go either.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Me too Got mine in the mail yesterday.I called my guy today at Toyota at Hollywood and he was not there.I will wait until he's there He always hooks me up with great service.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is the 1st gen tundra forum, is it not?
I finaly got mine last week. make sure you ask for alignment
The thread started out in the new Tundra section. Anyway, I sure wish I had asked for an alignment! My Sequoia has been pulling to the right ever since they did the work.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I haven't received the notice yet, but had it done. I called a dealership, and asked if they could check my VIN, to see if it was in the recall. It was done without receiving the norice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I stopped by my dealer last Saturday morning and set appt. for the lower ball joint recall. It's going in this Saturday, service mgr told me that alingment was included. When I got home last sturday recall notice was in the mailbox. I will see how it goes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I went into Toyota of Orange today to see if I had the recall, and I did. Asked them when they could do it, and he said now. So I dropped it off & 4 hours later it was done, alignment and all. Very happy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
we got that, good thing about that but did anyone else get a recall about the baby seat???

·
Registered
33 Posts
see my thread for the results of my replacment

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doug,

I took my '06 DC Tundra in to get the recall service completed the end of February. Toyota of Tampa Bay also gave me an alignment and tire rotation which was free of charge. I'm sure that I am paying for it somehow, but there was no up front cost to the control joint replacement as it should be covered under warranty. Hopefully your local dealer will fix it without any complications. Best of luck!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The alignment should be free because replacing the ball joints throws off the alignment. My dealership gave me a before and after spec sheet of the alignment. Have been reading some horror stories on here about it, but mine was done in a little under 2 hrs with no issues found.. (so far):devil:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts