Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I was unhappy with the feel of my gas pedal after the recall was done. (The shim recall)
Anyhow, someone on this site had posted the MSNBC news article talking about Toyota now offering a full pedal swap for those not happy with the feel of their modified gas pedal.

At this point, I had put approximately 1000 miles on the modified pedal and could not get used to it for the life of me. Way too soft. Anyhow, I called the dealer last week Friday and they said they did not have the pedal in stock but that they would order one for me and call me when it arrived. It came in on Monday and I drove over to the dealer yesterday to have them install it.

Initial observations were odd: The pedal's movement in the first 10% of travel from "top dead center" was slightly too forgiving, but still nowhere as forgiving as the first modified pedal. After the initial 10%, the difference in spring tension from this new pedal vs. the old modified pedal was appreciated.

It has now been a day or so, and I can say that I have totally forgotten about my pedal... which is a good thing. Before this new pedal assembly, the old modified pedal would remind me every time I drove my car that it is there. Now I can say that my car "feels" right, as it should.

·
Registered
235 Posts
do you have part numbers or tsb #? i would like to have more ammo when I go to my dealer. I have not noticed any difference in pedal feel after the shim mod, but having an entire new assembly would make me feel better.

thanks

As some of you may know, I was unhappy with the feel of my gas pedal after the recall was done. (The shim recall)
Anyhow, someone on this site had posted the MSNBC news article talking about Toyota now offering a full pedal swap for those not happy with the feel of their modified gas pedal.

At this point, I had put approximately 1000 miles on the modified pedal and could not get used to it for the life of me. Way too soft. Anyhow, I called the dealer last week Friday and they said they did not have the pedal in stock but that they would order one for me and call me when it arrived. It came in on Monday and I drove over to the dealer yesterday to have them install it.

Initial observations were odd: The pedal's movement in the first 10% of travel from "top dead center" was slightly too forgiving, but still nowhere as forgiving as the first modified pedal. After the initial 10%, the difference in spring tension from this new pedal vs. the old modified pedal was appreciated.

It has now been a day or so, and I can say that I have totally forgotten about my pedal... which is a good thing. Before this new pedal assembly, the old modified pedal would remind me every time I drove my car that it is there. Now I can say that my car "feels" right, as it should.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't have the invoice with me at the present.

One thing I did not look to see was if the pedal was an CTS design or if it was in fact a Denso.
I'll check that this afternoon and let you guys know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a CTS-built pedal, in case anyone is wondering.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just took a couple of pictures of my existing pedal and it is part number (78110-0c011) a CTS pedal. Does anyone have one installed or know if the Denso pedals were installed in the 2010 Sequoias? If I have a choice and I'm guessing I don't, I prefer a Denso.

Here is a link to a larger photo, maybe. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4495154979_6aaac8a5f5_o.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original Denso will not work with the Sequoia. From what I understand, ALL Sequoias came with the CTS and there is nothing that can be done about switching to a Denso because of the wiring harness is totally different. That said, I am feeling 100% confident with the new CTS pedal. No worries whatsoever.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the pedal swapped out today and it is incredible what a difference it is. No more lurching from stops over bumps and easy to control during take-offs. It acts like a normal SUV now.

The service director, the mechanic and myself actually benched checked both pedals, pressing and comparing them while out of the car. The old, with the fix was hard to depress from the start causing your hand to push it to far from idle. The new pedal with no metal slug was soft and easy to move. Not scientific but it needn't be to compare them.

Aside from that and because I had some undercoating problems which I took care of I got two free oil/filter changes coming up, thanks Deland Toyota.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts