Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone bought an extended warranty for their highlander and if so through who and why? My wife and I just bought a 2010 Limited and the dealer was pushing Fidelity, I have read a lot about the TFS contracts and have a 100K platinum through another compant "the warranty group" on my 05 Sequoia. It came with it with I bought my Sequoia. The main differences I see in the various types are Wear and Tear and Mechanical breakdown which I am finding is a huge difference. I have found a couple of companies that offer the wear and tear plus mechanical failure but they are pretty pricey, the TFS I believe is a straight mechanical breakdown which covers a lot. Just wanting to get some opinions since we have never owned a Highlander before. The warranty on my Sequoia would have paid for itself alreadyThanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a lot out there, we just bought through a dealer and they were pushing Fidelity, I called them back and asked if they sold the Toyota TFS and they said yes but only after I told them I had found another dealership that I was thinking about buying it through. As I have researched warranties I have found that there are basically two types the mechanical failure coverage and the ones that do that plus wear and tear. I had a TFS 11 years ago on a Sienna but never used it because I sold it before ever needing it so I am just wandering what other highlander owners do if anything, the one we bought has a Nav system and DVD and a lot of electronic things that could break down as they get older so I am just trying to find out if they are worth it. A lot of dealers push other warranties other than the toyota one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts