Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I'm probably picking up some 2" front lift-spacers to level the look a bit. I don't want to go any higher than that, and it's a pretty cheap add-on.

Do I need to use the diff-drop spacers with the 2" front lift? I'm not worried about price, since these are so cheap to do, but I've found several kits online, that say they're "recommended for 2.5"-to-3" of lift". I know that people usually say to use them as a safe-guard, but they also usually do 2.5" & up for the front lift.

Note to consider: I don't use 4x4 often, basically just for winter "as-needed".

Thanks in advance!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No advice on this? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller!?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I've been running for about 25k w/ a 2" lift w/ no spacers and I'v put my truck through some stuff and so far so good. But like Johnny said, if it will give u peace of mind, then its worth the lil extra mula

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't know how to install one, but if its cheap and easy to install..... I figure why not.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
As long as the fins on the CVs aren't touching or anything you should be fine. Even with teh diff drop mine are close to touching, but not yet.

Take a gander at that, and then do the diff drop.... it is cheap insurance.

-rockstate

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys.... My main concern I guess is this: if all the diff-drop kits are made for 2.5" & up (says they're recommended for 2.5" & up lifts), are they even gonna fit, or will they be too big? I haven't really looked at the truck yet, I'm just wondering if it's overkill? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I could be wrong, btu i think it only drops the diff an inch... not a full 2.5" or 3"

-rockstate
Yea the diff drops are only 1" regardless of the level lift. Id say always get the diff drop, its cheep and could save you some costly repairs sometime down the road.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, thanks for the input fellas

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
It is not required for a 2" lift, but at ~ $30 it isn't a big deal to do anyway... I did mine for a 2.54" lift (Bilstein 5100s at top setting) even though it wasn't required...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts