Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm replacing the rear differential on my 2000 Tundra 4X4 Limited, the original rear end has a 43t ring gear & 11t pinion (I come up with 3.909 ratio) but the wrecking yard where I bought the replacement gave a rear end with a 47t ring gear & 12t pinion (gives me a ratio of 3.916). My question is, will the .007 differance in ratio cause any problems, especially when I use the 4X4? Of course the guys that sold it to me say that it's ok to use it, but I want to double check just to make sure! Thanks in advance for any help given.

Mario

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm replacing the rear differential on my 2000 Tundra 4X4 Limited, the original rear end has a 43t ring gear & 11t pinion (I come up with 3.909 ratio) but the wrecking yard where I bought the replacement gave a rear end with a 47t ring gear & 12t pinion (gives me a ratio of 3.916). My question is, will the .007 differance in ratio cause any problems, especially when I use the 4X4? Of course the guys that sold it to me say that it's ok to use it, but I want to double check just to make sure! Thanks in advance for any help given.

Mario[/QUOTE
did anyone respond I have the same question

·
Registered
690 Posts
In a word: No. That small of a difference is negligible; racers often run 4.10 and 4.11 together with no malfunctions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts