Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My installer told me that all the Viper 5902, Python 1091, and Clifford 70.7x models were being pulled from the shelf because there is a problem with the 2-way remote's frequency being to close to another band and it was causing interference problems.

Apparently, this came from the mouth of a Directed representative visiting the resaler's shop to pick up all the Python 1091s he had. He went on to say that those with problems with the 5902 / 1091 remotes would be exchanged for the remote from the 1091 until the new remotes are released in April.

The new alarm to replace the 5902 / 1091 / 70.7x is supposed to be called 597i or something like that, will have 9 auxillary outputs, and will require the computer device to program so non-authorized installers are less likely to have the equipment.

My question is, does this sound correct or is it a bunch of hockey? If correct, can you tell me more about the new alarm coming out? I am trying to decide if I should wait for it. I want the extra outputs but haven't figured out what they are used for yet!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think it causes interference with the gas pedal causing it to stick or suddenly accelerate

jk.

i aint got a clue. dont really care to have a clue on it either. alarms are pretty much a waste of money nowadays no one listens to them....and thats coming from a cop. people pay more attention to a house alarm of course but stand in a parking lot sometime, hear an alarm and see who looks around....most people just hit the panic button to be cute or find their car so it just is like crying wolf all the time. plus, i hate seeing a nice truck with a crappy siren going off like they went to pep boys. makes it look cheap to me for some reason. i dunno. but hey. if u want an alarm by all means get ya one.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
The extra outputs are just that, outputs that you can hook up to trigger something like strobe lights, window roll up, pop your hood, cause your airbags to inflate etc.

The outputs are usually negative trigger but some are positive.

This is what you do so taht your alarm does not sound like everyone elses:

Take your siren and open it up. YOu will see 5 traces on the circuit board. Each trace is for one of the 5 rolling sounds you hear when an alarm goes off. By cutting 4 of them, you will have one sound all the time. This will distinguish your truck from everyone elses. WHen I installed mine i had two sirens going. I cut 3 traces off one and the other i cut 4 traces. I always knew which was mine.

You can also trigger an airhorn to your truck also in conjunction with your regular siren.

·
Registered
945 Posts
alarms are pretty much a waste of money nowadays no one listens to them....and thats coming from a cop.
I agree that no one listes to them, but I disagree that they are a waste of money. Especially, if they are a two way alarm that will alert you if someone is breaking in your truck. My truck sits in the driveway 50% of the time and I live in the city so I am glad I have it. Someone breaks in my truck at least I can interupt their progress so they don't take everything in the truck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Exhaust Depot got my plan, I will be hooking it up to air horns AND the regular siren.

So noone has any ideas on this mysterious problem or the new Directed lineup?

I'll start a separate thread about cool ideas for the auxillary ports.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Theres only one alarm ive seen that got alot of attention. one of the guys who does installs on some of the PD cars around here (not our city, we do ours in house, this guy works for one of the companies that sell it too), bought hidden strobes and LEDs and the siren package and hid them all on his truck. when his alarm goes off its a real police siren with flashing lights. now that one i'd love to see the panic in their face hahaha

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres only one alarm ive seen that got alot of attention. one of the guys who does installs on some of the PD cars around here (not our city, we do ours in house, this guy works for one of the companies that sell it too), bought hidden strobes and LEDs and the siren package and hid them all on his truck. when his alarm goes off its a real police siren with flashing lights. now that one i'd love to see the panic in their face hahaha

That is an awesome idea!!! What is your guy's name?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My installer told me that all the Viper 5902, Python 1091, and Clifford 70.7x models were being pulled from the shelf because there is a problem with the 2-way remote's frequency being to close to another band and it was causing interference problems.

Apparently, this came from the mouth of a Directed representative visiting the resaler's shop to pick up all the Python 1091s he had. He went on to say that those with problems with the 5902 / 1091 remotes would be exchanged for the remote from the 1091 until the new remotes are released in April.

The new alarm to replace the 5902 / 1091 / 70.7x is supposed to be called 597i or something like that, will have 9 auxillary outputs, and will require the computer device to program so non-authorized installers are less likely to have the equipment.

My question is, does this sound correct or is it a bunch of hockey? If correct, can you tell me more about the new alarm coming out? I am trying to decide if I should wait for it. I want the extra outputs but haven't figured out what they are used for yet!
could be true...the last time a color remote came out from directed...it gotten recalled twice, and they just discontinued it...i think it might have to do with interfering with the new SmartStart they offer, because the service has been down a lot. Maybe a software upgrade? i'll check with my regional rep tomorrow when i get into work

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That is an awesome idea!!! What is your guy's name?
not "my guy" and i aint sharin his name hahaha he aint a po po and gots all that stuff on his truck so i ainta gettin him in trouble. but u can get that stuff just about anywhere nowadays.

if i were to do an alarm i'd one one with a PA that sounded like machine gunfire when it went off. none of this 6 tone 90s siren crap for me.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Exhaust Depot got my plan, I will be hooking it up to air horns AND the regular siren.

I'll start a separate thread about cool ideas for the auxillary ports.
Good luck with that one..... My installer originally tied mine to the my Stebels, which would have been a good idea, but it was so freaking lound that I asked him to disconnect it. It would definitely attract attention....... Instead, I have the back-up siren (515R) that goes off with the main siren, so if they cut any power wires, it continues to go off....

You'll need an aux port for your tailgate, sunroof, rear slider, front, and rear windows and then the defroster. Of course, you could tie all your glass together so they all open/shut/vent together...... lots for you to think about.....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
u should do hydraulics or bag the suspension and then hook it to the alarm so if it goes off the truck starts hoppin up and down too....:) nah. that would be too much fun, id be setting it off on purpose just to make it do it haha

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
u should do hydraulics or bag the suspension and then hook it to the alarm so if it goes off the truck starts hoppin up and down too....:) nah. that would be too much fun, id be setting it off on purpose just to make it do it haha

Wow that would be awesome! I could see some one stealing your catalytic converter then the shock sensor trips causing the airbags to deflate. lol.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Wow that would be awesome! I could see some one stealing your catalytic converter then the shock sensor trips causing the airbags to deflate. lol.
haha not just deflate but have it hop....poor crap heads body under the truck and bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam hahahahhaaha

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not "my guy" and i aint sharin his name hahaha he aint a po po and gots all that stuff on his truck so i ainta gettin him in trouble. but u can get that stuff just about anywhere nowadays.

if i were to do an alarm i'd one one with a PA that sounded like machine gunfire when it went off. none of this 6 tone 90s siren crap for me.

Hah! Ok ok. I'll have to have it installed myself. I don't think the strobes are a big deal. I see a lot of private highway contractors with them. The siren though... Might be an issue...

You'll need an aux port for your tailgate, sunroof, rear slider, front, and rear windows and then the defroster. Of course, you could tie all your glass together so they all open/shut/vent together...... lots for you to think about.....
What are you doing with the tailgate? You would have to do the power tailgate lock mod right? I am in Texas so I probably don't need the Defroster... I vaugly recall someone talking about defroster issues when remote starting. Not sure I want to open that bag of worms...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah the strobes arent an issue. the red and blue LEDs are kinda a no no, the siren is certainly an issue but if its only wired to the alarm and u can prove it then who cares hahaha.....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
could be true...the last time a color remote came out from directed...it gotten recalled twice, and they just discontinued it...i think it might have to do with interfering with the new SmartStart they offer, because the service has been down a lot. Maybe a software upgrade? i'll check with my regional rep tomorrow when i get into work

Thanks Lo0nY!!! That would be awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts