Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here and I really need some help.

A few months back I bought an 07 double cab limited that was already lifted with the revtek 2 1/2" kit, with 35/12.50/18 Toyo Open Country M/T.

So now my question is this: I'd like to keep the rear block (1 1/2"), and swap out the front spacer kit with the OME 3" kit from toytec; because I am going from a 2 1/2" block to a 3" spring lift, do I NEED new UCAs and if not, will the 35/12.50s rub on the stock UCA since it will be at a different angle? What about a diff drop kit? If I could fix the crappy ride that the spacer kit gives for $440 (plus new shocks for the back), and know that I've got some good quality suspension, I'd be one happy camper. Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I have the OME on my truck and it netted me a perfectly level truck, or probably around 2.5"

Here is a pic of it.

You'll love hte ride of it. It's stiffer but MUCH more composed and handles most of the bumps and potholes better.

-rockstate

·
Registered
987 Posts
You will love the OME. I would put less block in back or go with the OME rear leaf springs/shocks, that is pretty high and axle wrap can be an issue.

Your UCA's will be fine. Tire rubbing depends on what wheels you have and backspacing. Are you using stock wheels or aftermarket?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the heavy duty emu setup on my 4x4 DCLB And it rides alot better than the Toytec lift i first used. The one thing i did keep was the front diff drop kit that came with the toytec kit. The EMU Leaf pack makes a big difference too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got aftermarket wheels with the 35X12.50XR18 tires. After hearing what you guys have to say, I might just go with the OME 612 front coils and the N192S shocks. I was thinking about going with a heavier spring because I want to get the ARB Sahara Bar...but after looking at the price of the bar, I think I'll save my money and do an entire suspension the way it should be done. Now the question is, where is the cheapest place to get the springs and shocks?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I was going to mention wheelersoffroad since you are in Oregon but looks like Toytecs price on the OME setup is a bit cheaper, $453 vs $440. By the way, welcome to the "I ditched a spacer lift for the real thing club".

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mhollack, thank you, I appreciate it. The spacer kit is great for looks....and thats it. I have a friend of mine who is an assistant manager at a local parts store, he just told me that he is going to start stocking ARB parts, I'm gonna hit him up and see if he will carry the OME springs and shocks. At least its worth a try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts