Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7 V8 SR5 Access Cab with 400k miles
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Redid the wheels on my 2000 Tundra a few weeks ago. They were the original rims and pretty rashed. Hit em with 80 grit, 160, etc...Then filler primer, spot glaze. Lil sanding, flat black and clear Rustoleum and viola! What do you guys think? 馃槂 ps I'm no pro by any means lol. Just love doing things myself and saving a buck lol.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job ~ big improvement ! :)
Thanks!馃槂 Definitely made it look more modern. Yesterday I color matched the toyota emblem in the center cap to my truck as well. Turned out pretty neat. Currently attempting a full on chrome delete.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work! My rims are about the same and was looking to do something with them. What type paint did you use? Was it regular rattle can black or a specific application paint? Thanks for the inspiration.
It was just the good ole Rustoleum Flat Black Enamel 2x in the automotive section at Walmart 馃槃 i then hit em with 3 coats of the Enamel based Semi-Gloss Clear. Not gonna lie, took a total of 14hrs for all 4 start to finish with all the prep work and stuff. I didn't take em off my truck either. Just taped em up good. Was looking for better than I had....not unrealistic perfection lol. I think they look way better so its a win in my book. It was a lot of fun too!

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job. I did the same thing with some super oxidized 4 runner wheels ($40 for all 4... they were that bad). Thumbs up to you for doing them on the vehicle with tires mounted. It was hard work for me and I had loose wheels/no tires. Must have been twice as difficult working with them on the vehicle. My rattle can 4 runner wheels are holding up pretty good after almost a year and a new england winter.

I hope they gave that lady the ball.
I didnt know how well they would hold up so i figured i would give em a shot without going through too much trouble. that way i wouldn't be heart broken if they didn't last lol. so far so good. i will say that the rattle can enamel does take a while to fully cure, so being careful the first week is key....especially when it's your daily driver. i plasti-dipped the emblems and the Door Window Belt Weatherstrips and they are doing great. kinda made me mad i didnt do it alot sooner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts