Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My uncle has a sign shop and one of the things they do are vehicle wraps. I guess they go for 4-5K, but that's with having stuff printed on the vinyl. I've gotten to see some pretty awesome stuff come out of his shop.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks cool but a lot of work for a Tundra

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does anybody know where you get big pieces of flat black vinyl? If that dude wrapped his entire car for 120, it sounds like it is pretty cheap material...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
How much is a case of flat black rattle cans at walmart?
I don't have nearly enough patience to saran wrap my truck.
I think it looks cool, but I went for years before I could afford a car with shiny paint. I kinda like the shiny stuff on my own car and like looking at the flat stuff on other peoples cars. Does that make me a hypocrite? :confused:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
How much is a case of flat black rattle cans at walmart?
I don't have nearly enough patience to saran wrap my truck.
I think it looks cool, but I went for years before I could afford a car with shiny paint. I kinda like the shiny stuff on my own car and like looking at the flat stuff on other peoples cars. Does that make me a hypocrite? :confused:
This is how I feel too.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i would totally consider doing this on a Viper, or the Z06 i plan on picking up.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Murdered out does not refer to the shade of black vs. black car/black wheels/black tint.

Tint should be a bit darker

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Does anybody know where you get big pieces of flat black vinyl? If that dude wrapped his entire car for 120, it sounds like it is pretty cheap material...

the guy in that thread, used stuff you really shouldnt use for a car. its a lot more expensive, to get the good 3m stuff.

·
Registered
860 Posts
saw a sweet blacked out Tundra in San Diego yesterday, gave him a thumbs up. Don't know if he's on here or not.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I would do this for a few hundred dollars with the good stuff for sure.........

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would do this for a few hundred dollars with the good stuff for sure.........

I agree - I would do it if it was 300 bucks for the good stuff and I knew I could get it off in a year or so when my taste changed with no damage to paint.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I agree - I would do it if it was 300 bucks for the good stuff and I knew I could get it off in a year or so when my taste changed with no damage to paint.
The stuff my uncle does can remain on the paint for 4 years and be removed without any issues. McDonalds somewhat regularly rents a car from enterprise and has him wrap it for whatever special they have currently, then remove the wrap before returning the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snapped this picture in Long Beach a couple weekends ago... for reference.

DAM YOU CHRIS!!! - now I might have to do this..... :devil: that looks GOOD

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The stuff my uncle does can remain on the paint for 4 years and be removed without any issues. McDonalds somewhat regularly rents a car from enterprise and has him wrap it for whatever special they have currently, then remove the wrap before returning the car.
Ask him how much to make my truck look like the one below please......
Snapped this picture in Long Beach a couple weekends ago... for reference.

I would love my truck to be this color......

·
Registered
60 Posts
It didn't look too bad from a distance, but when you looked places, like between the cab and the bed they were still the original red paint color. You could also see the red if you looked through the gap where the doors and body meet.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
It didn't look too bad from a distance, but when you looked places, like between the cab and the bed they were still the original red paint color. You could also see the red if you looked through the gap where the doors and body meet.
Yeah, I would not like that!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts