Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone on the dealer market provides one of these weld together front or rear bumper kits? I had a tacoma a few months back and there seemed to be plenty of offroad suppliers with various DIY kits but I'm having a hard time for the 2nd gen Tundra. Searched the interwebs for a while but came up with zero results. I do like that Warm Trans4mer setup though, looks good on the Tundra.

If you happen to know of any companies can you pass them along.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
THERES A COMPANY CALLED MOVE BUMPERS . if you goggle it , you will find it ,
its really not a bad deal depending on your skills and what you want

·
Registered
1 Posts
THERES A COMPANY CALLED MOVE BUMPERS . if you goggle it , you will find it ,

its really not a bad deal depending on your skills and what you want

When you remove your bumper and all mounting points could I get you to do me a favor? I need 2 pictures one head on level with the bumper mounts and one from the side at the same level. I also need an accurate measurement in side to inside of the frame.
With those pics and measurements I can design a bumper in fusion 360 and create blue prints to build from.

Thanks jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive searched high and low for the cheapest winch bumper- weld together kits vs complete ones.
Theres a good amount of skill required aside from just laying a bead on the weld together kits and if your not at least somewhat familiar with fab work then I personally would avoid them even if its bought from a usa made company with strict quality control standard, more so with the Chinese kits.
I think there are a couple videos on youtube describing exactly what im talking about with move bumpers.
Now that being said-
I own a nice 220 welder, a plasma cutter, grinders etc.
I have cut and notched frames, built winch mounts from scratch and have a decent amount of machining and fab work under my belt.
I chose to buy a dv8 / ko offroad bumper (oe wheels on ebay has them for $599 shipped)
Iirc its only about $100 more than the move bumper- but comes welded, powder coated with 4 led lights and 2 clevis'.
Sure, i had to do a "little" work to make it fit 100% perfect but I guarantee its nowhere near the headache that comes with a diy kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive searched high and low for the cheapest winch bumper- weld together kits vs complete ones.
Theres a good amount of skill required aside from just laying a bead on the weld together kits and if your not at least somewhat familiar with fab work then I personally would avoid them even if its bought from a usa made company with strict quality control standard, more so with the Chinese kits.
I think there are a couple videos on youtube describing exactly what im talking about with move bumpers.
Now that being said-
I own a nice 220 welder, a plasma cutter, grinders etc.
I have cut and notched frames, built winch mounts from scratch and have a decent amount of machining and fab work under my belt.
I chose to buy a dv8 / ko offroad bumper (oe wheels on ebay has them for $599 shipped)
Iirc its only about $100 more than the move bumper- but comes welded, powder coated with 4 led lights and 2 clevis'.
Sure, i had to do a "little" work to make it fit 100% perfect but I guarantee its nowhere near the headache that comes with a diy kit.
Any chance you have a link to that bumper ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts